custom char super forms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mystic Realm Zone is just like Doomsday Zone in S3K. You don't go there as Tails or Knuckles either. I know this seems to be a sticking point for some people, but super forms for characters other than Sonic dilute the interest in super and make the game provide infinitely less variety.

If you'd like more information and reasoning, see this topic which basically talks about the same thing: http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=31504

If you'd like more information and reasoning, see this topic which basically talks about the same thing: http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=31504

...I actually thought this WAS this topic.

...Huh.

I meant that he is always able to go super as long as he has all the emeralds. I know he can't go Super all the time. Also, LOTS OF PEOPLE CARE! I MEAN, NOT ALL SUPERS HAVE EXTRA ABILITIES, BUT EVERYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE THE EMERALD'S POWER! THINK BACK TO SONIC 3 & KNUCKLES AND SONIC ADVENTURE 2! KNUX AND SHADOW GAIN SUPER AND HYPER FORMS, PLUS TAILS GETS A SUPER FORM (even though he has no hyper), AND IN SONICX HE GETS A DARK FORM! THINK ABOUT IT!

• Most of those people are the same people that like Sonic 06, which should not even be likable.
  • Sonic 3&K's Supers/Hypers only existed due to excess emeralds created by having two sets of zones with 7 emeralds each. It was a mistake, and, thankfully, they never did it again.
  • Knux got a super form out of pure popularity at the time, it seems. Also possibly due to the fact that S&K's Special Stages were much more difficult than vanilla Sonic 3s, so they didn't want to rip off a Knux user, I suppose. He never went super again. And no, Sonic Heroes does not have Super Tails/Knux. They just have shield... things provided by Super Sonic instead.
  • Shadow was never Hyper. He is not Hyper Shadow. He was NEVER Hyper Shadow.
  • Shadow gets Super for being an overpowered, angsty, Marty Stu character created to gain popularity in kids who think that's "cool" for some outragious reason, despite the fact that the "angsty antihero" thing has been done thousands of times before.
  • Tails only went Super with Hyper Emeralds, probably due to being young and weak. The Hyper Emeralds (and thus, Super Tails) never appeared again because they were only around to fix the "excess emeralds" issue.
  • Sonic X is not canon. At all. It's its own seperate canon, much like the Archie comics, or Sonic the Comic, or the TV Shows (Sonic Spinball not being canon either, since it was made by american developers, and thus the cartoon cameos were inserted.), and any other media I may have missed. They're ALL seperate, COMPLETELY different stories from one another. None of the canon storylines mix in witht he games outside of Sonic Spinball and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (which is just Puyo Puyo americanized), both of whitch are probably not canon either.

There is nothing left to think about here. This has even been discussed in a whole other topic before. The devs will never let you use super forms with Custom Characters. Just accept that.

Last edited:
First off, Mystic, what about netgames? I doubt people will play as Sonic in netgames. Second, DOOD64, THEIR CALLED SUPER EMERALD, NOT HYPER EMERALDS! AND THAT'S THE EXACT REASON WHY TAILS HAS NO HYPER FORM, LIKE I STATED EARLIER (Yes, I'm yelling)! Third, I doubt that it was an accident in S3&K, considering that SEGA programed EVERY BIT OF CODING in the game. Lastly, if Sonic X wasn't canon, then why are there official games based off it?

Last edited:
First off, Mystic, what about netgames? I douby people will play as Sonic in netgames. Second, DOOD64, THEIR CALLED SUPER EMERALD, NOT HYPER EMERALDS! AND THAT'S THE EXACT REASON WHY TAILS HAS NO HYPER FORM, LIKE I STATED EARLIER (Yes, I'm yelling). Third, I doubt that it was an accident in S3&K, considering that SEGA programed EVERY BIT OF CODING in the game. lastly, if Sonic X wasn't canon, then why are there official games based off it?

• People use Sonic in netgames ALL THE TIME. The amount of Sonic players is more than the amount of Tails/Knux/CustomChar users COMBINED, I bet.
  • I tend to call them Hyper Emeralds because that's what they do: Grant Hyper powers. Except Tails for the reasons I have stated above. A poor habit of mine, but whatever.
  • Hyper forms are never coming to vanilla SRB2. Brining up Hyper forms was unneeded in the first place.
  • Well, they obviously thought if it, but it would be unfair to have the expansion pack have harder emeralds, and no reward for beating all 14(or 16 if you count THOSE) of them.
  • They arn't. It's the other way around. Imean, why isn't Gary St- I mean Chris Thorninoursidesdyke in the game then? Or anyone else from that show, or any OTHER Sonic media, for that matter?

Last edited:
Spelling deteriorating, CRUISECONTROL active, acknowledging the Leapster LeapFrog games' existance: Yeah, shiningflare is losing this.

I'll be honest here folks, I'm that guy with the Hyper Sonic script in his autoexec.cfg, so yeah, I dig teh haipah sawnix. But that isn't the thread topic, is it?

TBQH, I don't think we NEED the superforms back, per-say. The WADs that used to have them just feel... incomplete without, however.

Is the point of character creation to be creative, or balanced? I don't think balancing should be an issue, since custom characters do NOT have to even be loaded into the game. I never really got the whole overpowered arguement, since you always have the option to not use a certain character

You use a balanced WAD and/or Knuckles. An opponent an equally powerful WAD and you whup day ass. Then the opponent uses something that rivals HMS123311-in-JTE in terms of power. Day whup yo ass. Fun gone because you are too honorable to resort to something so cheap. n00b dominates, game quality suffers immensely.

Is the point of character creation to be creative, or balanced? I don't think balancing should be an issue, since custom characters do NOT have to even be loaded into the game. I never really got the whole overpowered arguement, since you always have the option to not use a certain character
The overpowered argument is about characters having certain abilities making them more powerful than others.Some people like it, others despise it. Argument comes up. Anyways, the problem here is that Sonic is the only character that gets a super form in SP/Coop. Tails\Knux\Custom char users want super forms.

I'm glad Chaos Knux agrees with me. Also, most of those misspellings are just typos that I don't notice. And who cares about honor? IT'S FUN ALL THE WAY MAN! FUN ALL THE WAY! Honor just gets in the way of what you can REALLY do. Also, I like to use sonic SOMETIMES, but I prefer fan chars. and whadda mean 16 emeralds? There are 15, if you include Master. Plus, since Cris wasn't that special in the show, He was never included in the games. HI WOLFY!
Offtopic: Man I WISH I could just post my own wads onto the forum. I have a few wads that actually BELONG to me to release.

Last edited:
I'm glad Chaos Knux agrees with me.
Except that he doesn't.

And who cares about honor? IT'S FUN ALL THE WAY MAN! FUN ALL THE WAY! Honor just gets in the way of what you can REALLY do.
Um, "honorable" was probably the wrong word. It's just that most people don't play as immensely overpowered characters because they don't find any fun in it.

Also, I like to use sonic SOMETIMES, but I prefer fan chars.
The devs don't care about fanchars, they care about Sonic/Tails/Knuckles. You're going in circles.

Offtopic: Man I WISH I could just post my own wads onto the forum. I have a few wads that actually BELONG to me to release.
Then post some. The Submissions section is there just for that.

You use a balanced WAD and/or Knuckles. An opponent an equally powerful WAD and you whup day ass. Then the opponent uses something that rivals HMS123311-in-JTE in terms of power. Day whup yo ass. Fun gone because you are too honorable to resort to something so cheap. n00b dominates, game quality suffers immensely.

That's what I mean though, you dont *have* to be in that server, moreover you could always make your own. In a game centered around user created content, users should have the right to put what they want in the game. It just seems kinda control-freak of the devs to not even give users the choice to be cheap beyond all reason.

First, By agreeing, I meant he agrees that there should be supers. Second, LOL! Third, I HAVE SEEN TONS OF CUSTOM CHAR USERS, INCLUDING POOKA USERS! Lastly, I AM UNABLE TO! EVERY TIME I TRY, IT SAYS I AM NOT ALLOWED TO! HECK I'M NOT EVEN ALLOWED TO POST ON THE RELEASES SECTION! SPIRITCRUSHER FAILED AGAIN!

Last edited:
By agreeing, I meant he agrees that there should be supers.

TBQH, I don't think we NEED the superforms back, per-say.

Also, I HAVE SEEN TONS OF CUSTOM CHAR USERS, INCLUDING POOKA USERS!
That still doesn't mean the devs care about them.

Lastly, I AM UNABLE TO! EVERY TIME I TRY, IT SAYS I AM NOT ALLOWED TO! HECK I'M NOT EVEN ALLOWED TO POST ON THE RELEASES SECTION!
You need to post in Submissions, not directly in releases. Also, could you please stop using caps now, especially when you're not even being angry?

First, I'll admit that you have a point, and I mis-read it. Second, the devs care too much about the game than what others want. Lastly, I HAD NO FREAKING IDEA!!! Also, I type in all caps only when I'm YELLING something (If it's just one word it's a keyword).

Edit: OK, I did not notice that this topic was already three pages long.

Last edited:
Second, the devs care too much about the game than what others want.
I hope this is a joke. What should the devs care about? Finishing the game or implementing as many suggestions as possible?

Lastly, I HAD NO FREAKING IDEA!!!
Submissions
This forum is for submitting your work for the Releases section of the forums. Topics posted here will be reviewed by the judges and either be moved into the appropriate subforum of the Releases section or sent to the trash.

If you read the descriptions for each subforum, you know what's in them.

First, That's no joke. STJr. needs to think about what OTHERS think is fun, not just themselves. And besides, it's not like players are FORCED to use wads they hate. Second, lol I got that, but now I'm a bit confused on how to post them. Does the title go in the addons area, or does the file address?

First, That's no joke. STJr. needs to think about what OTHERS think is fun, not just themselves.
They are too busy finishing the actual game to care about how custom characters are handled. There are more important things than custom characters.

Second, lol I got that, but now I'm a bit confused on how to post them. Does the title go in the addons area, or does the file address?
There are several stickied topics in this forum. Read them.

shiningflare said:
<many posts this can respond to>

Spelling deteriorating, CRUISECONTROL active, acknowledging the Leapster LeapFrog games' existance: Yeah, shiningflare is losing this.
--------
First, That's no joke. STJr. needs to think about what OTHERS think is fun, not just themselves. And besides, it's not like players are FORCED to use wads they hate. Second, lol I got that, but now I'm a bit confused on how to post them. Does the title go in the addons area, or does the file address?
Title = thread title w/ filename
Address = attachments system

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back