How would one go about making a listserv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrust

That one confused guy.
Say I wanted to make a side-server list, one for 1.09.4 net games (since they're banned from the master server and character and mod wise it has a LOT more options) How would I do that? I gather it's in some form a computer that's constantly connected to the internet, but what is used to send and receive the data from SRB2 to register a server and route others to join the ip of their selected server? I'm assuming most of the pick and choose is built into srb2.

svn://code.srb2.org/browser/SRB21094/trunk/tools/masterserver
Compile that, and run it in command line with this syntax:
masterserver <port>

Then people would set MASTERSERVER in the console to:
<yourip>:<port>

EDIT: VBulletin screwed something up :/

EDIT2: Had it as trac.srb2.org instead of code.

Last edited:
Are you looking in the 2.0 source? Because iirc the MS was changed and it won't work with 1.09.4 and previous anymore. You'll need the 1.09.4 MS.

I've got the 1.09.4 source in my folder, so yea I'm looking at the right one. I compile the whole folder and run it with command prompt you said? So does that mean I make it like a .bat?

Kitsune, as I said before, they vanish completely after a minute due to the new system.

MS Hosting is an unsupported thing, by the way, so don't blame us when it memory leaks all over your RAM (and it will, it's a known bug in the non-MySQL code).

Memory Leaks slowly eat away at your memory, using more and more until there's nothing left to eat up.

In your average joe application this wouldn't be so bad, but a master server runs 24/7 so it's gonna cause problems.

huh. How do you manage to deal with it Cue? Or would that be support? I do know memory leaks usually aren't permanent usually, you just have to close the program to free the trapped memory. Is this true in the case of the master server?

We don't use the trunk MS code, which is what has the leaks (in the list storage) we use a MySQL based solution. Since it's not using the memory based storage, it doesn't leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back