SRB2 2.0.X Bug Reports (Pre-2.0.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter how high you set the runspeed for custom characters, the character will always enter runspeed at a certain speed. (I'm guessing around 26 or so)

This happened while testing
srb20010-1.png

I just got the second emblem in the mod when this happened

The Spike Things (522 and 523) have completely lost their function and refuse to even be tangible anymore. They're just decorations now.

(Next version will allow you to apply the deaf flag to have the old spike functionality. -Jazz)

Unless this was on purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yellow Spring Diagonal Up, with flags value 12992 or 12993, can't bounce player in X-axis if map has any vertex at x < -15320. I can upload the map if asked.

@JJames: You need to create a Solid Invible FOF (LD105) with Sector effect Spike (SE5). This FOF has 40 FU hight and is placed to simulate a spike collision.

Last edited:
The Spike Things (522 and 523) have completely lost their function and refuse to even be tangible anymore. They're just decorations now.

Unless this was on purpose.
This is on purpose. You need to combine them with the spike sector type for them to be painful. This way the collision detection for rows of thing spikes works right.

EIP=004a721a
v2.0.4
Playing as Tails on GFZ1. I was trying to get a perfect bonus, so I had the electric shield and between 170 and 200 rings, though I don't remember the specifics. I was jumping over the spikes when the game sigsevved. I suspect I landed on the spikes, but I don't know for sure.

In Red Volcano Zone 1, as Tails or Knuckles, in the very last area before you bounce to the platform where you're supposed to finish the stage, instead you can travel to the far left hand side and fly/climb up to finish the stage without ever going to the center platform.

This glitch has already been used in a Tails speedrun of RVZ1 as seen in this video of corneliab's speedrun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeY6G0CVhFY

tails_rvz1finishglitch.png

Last edited:
The message you got after collecting the second emblem probably means that you have custom unlockables, Glaber. Instead of displaying the name of your custom unlockable, it displays the name of one of SRB2’s unlockables, the one that corresponds to that slot. I encountered the same problem.

In MIDI mode, SRB2 crashes when invincibility ends, displaying this error: “I_RegisterSong: StreamBufferSetup FAILED”

The message you got after collecting the second emblem probably means that you have custom unlockables, Glaber. Instead of displaying the name of your custom unlockable, it displays the name of one of SRB2’s unlockables, the one that corresponds to that slot. I encountered the same problem.
Yep. I got custom unlockables. 2 of them currently are active.

EIP=0047290e

ERZ2, coop, I was in the disco area alongside JJ, was watching friend in chasecam 0, said they never shrunk at the zoom tube. Both me and the person I was watching sigsev'd the moment they were hit by a shield-carrying badnik dude. My sigsev came a minute or so before JJ's, leaving just him and somebody else in.

Also I tried rejoining the game shortly before JJ sigsev'd, so that adds onto his

Also I hope this isn't too much for a mere sigsev post ._.

AND I CAN'T TYPE THE TERM CORRECTLY PRETEND I SPELLED IT RIGHT EVERY TIME ;_;

Last edited:
EIP=004a7718 on Desolate Twilight Zone, Hide and Seek. The seeker (a Tails) was flying close to the thok barrier when a strange graphical bug happened and the game crashed for all the players.

34fntxc.png
Errr Look at my score.... It suddenly got high as hell.
This is also interesting because I saw a score of 4100, as well as every other player in that netgame.

Also, I was in a netgame, with nothing added, and when DSZ2 loaded up, it looked like this:
xnz39z.png

And it stayed liked that until the server shutdown.

This is consfail protection restoring you to your place in the previous map. This should not happen now since the way consfail protection works in 2.0.5 has been changed. ~Inuyasha

New modding releated bug.
Whatthe.png

Notice anything odd?

This is not the normal game, this is my mod SRB2 The Past. and when you clear a game with out all the emeralds and then go back and collect them, this happens. I have SPSTAGE_END set as level 3, but it looking like special stages are overwriting this. I also have EggRock's headder in the Mainconfig like this:

Code:
Level 24
Levelname = EGG ROCK
Act = 3
MusicSlot = 26
NextLevel = 1102
TypeOfLevel = 6145
Weather = 0
SkyNum = 22
NoPerfectBonus = 1
TimeAttack = 0
LevelSelect = 0

Edit:
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaBrkA5OdDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back