Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade

Get a load of THIS!!
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
srb20104.png

It's been updated again. It has some new attacks, it will now:
- Fire two fire balls while still under-sand.
- Rise out of the sand and charge a flamethrower attack. This is your only chance to hit it.

Eggman sprites made by Instant Sonic, edited by me.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.sendspace.com/file/1frkyz

About to download. Il edit my post with my opinion once Im done seeing how this wad goes

Edit: I like the designs and the level and the music but it needs a few more rings to cover for having to go so far in the quicksand to even try and hit Eggman. Theres lag problems to and it automaticly kicks me out of SRB2 as soon as I kill Eggman instead of taking me to FFZ or any other level. I would suggest making sure you can go to another level first so it doesnt kick you off everytime you fight the boss. Otherwise pretty good.

I knew I forgot something. First post now has screens.
Also, I forgot to fix the level header, so it crashs once you clear the level.

I
Sky Ninja said:
I can't dl it now (old, crappy comp) but from the screens, it looks like a mod of the egg slimer to me.
It's not. It is very different. Does the Egg Slimer have a antena thing and dives into the sand?

I noticed that the quicksand seems to oddly affect Eggman, I thought at first it was just sprite offset, but I was wrong, although I noticed a few things that could be fixed up, such as slight AI problems, sprite offsets, etc so I fix it up, here's the wad if you want to try it. I did attempt to make it so you couldn't hurt him unless he was popped up, since the *instant pop up for hurt* was a bit odd, but my idea failed so I just left it kinda.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ai3ptb

Thanks. I tried myself to get him to only be hurt above sand, but I couldn't get it to work.

First post has been updated (again)
Version 2 is out.

Sorry for the double post, but the final version is out! The sub can not be hit when under sand now.

It's ment to be the second boss in my mod. Of course it's easy.

The gun remains above the sand, so why doesn't he use it while submerged(or is that supposed to be a parascope)? My thought is that he'd come out of the sand to recharge with solar panels or something... In addition, you could have him submerge completely, and use A_MoveAbsolute to have him re-emerge elsewhere on the battlefield.

Now, for some more practical concerns. Because you use sprites instead of actual horizontal movement to submerge and emerge from the sand, once eggman emerges from the sand, his sprite is not representative of his hitbox... that is, you only hit him if you aim where the top of the eggmobile would be if he were submerged.

Otherwise this is a fine boss. Its very nice to see something new. Also, the boss music kinda sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back