Sand Tomb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish hook

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ujp25u Its now a level pack with 3 levels. It uses map 10-12 so it won't appear in level select. Map 10 is now the first level and map 12 leads onto map 1 (GreenFlower Zone Act 1)
A level I put together in 3 hours thats surprisingly good. I don't usualy post any maps that take such a short time for me to make, but this one is an exeption. The ring placement is (what I think) the best in any of my levels, same as the robot placement. The level also has 2 secret areas, both contain an emerald and one is an alternative way to get to the end... if you can navigate a dark room and find the breakable wall.
This is a map for single player, coop and race.
Bow down to the screenies!
srb20011ed5.png

The start of the level.

srb20012ke9.png

The first main room/hall that has the 2 secret paths.
Warning! Be careful in this room!! There is a hidden Deton! I made this level and he still takes me by surprise!

srb20013sv2.png

The second main room/hall. This isn't one of the secret areas.

I wont post any pictures of the secret areas, because they wouldn't be secrets any more!
Enjoy!

Hehe, I was about to correct your grammar, but I see you did it before I had the chance to post. =P Anyway, it's nice, but it could be better if you set the texture offsets, but of course, not all maps have to do that.

Segmint said:
Hehe, I was about to correct your grammar, but I see you did it before I had the chance to post. =P Anyway, it's nice, but it could be better if you set the texture offsets, but of course, not all maps have to do that.
You'll have to be quicker next time! :D I used the auto texture offset thingymagiggy that comes with SRB2 DoomBuilders 3D mode.

Glad you like G.metal Sonic! I might make this inot a level pack if it gets enough poeple that like it.
Now then...*Waits for Segmint to correct grammar*
...wait...I think you spelled 'grammar wrong...nope, you got it right.

When I add the level pack, I get a segmint violation. Just pointing that out.
Edit: This doesn't work with pretty SRB2. I just added it to softwere and it works fine.

This:
Nev3r said:
(All rights reserved to Cutmanmike for making the original "Ghoul's forest" for ZDoom)

First of all, if you want to play this wad correctly :wink: : Play it in Software Mode; don't play it in single player mode, create a server in coop mode. Turn "Ringslinger 1" and "Chasecam 0", and use rings as ammo, but not against the rest of the players :) .

No description. It would be better if you see yourself what's this wad :D

(EDIT: I fixed a little (Big) bug) Link : http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=41851ae1ff32c82cc0aa605287112154

Act 1: Too dark. I couldn't see anything until I pushed the brightness up with F11. After that, I could actually see that the platforms were ridiculously small. Also, the hallway with lava was too flat. The platforms you're jumping onto need to be a bit higher. And as a final note, the orange emerald spot was rather pointless. >,<

Act 2: A problem also in act 1, you were using about 8 or so enemies when 2 would've worked just fine. Another thing, it loooked like a dead end on both the right and the left, because the ways intended to continue were so unintuitive. As for the left route, the platforms weren't in the center, where I'm going to look first. As for the right, it took a while to find out that there was a crumbling platform over a hole with a spring in it. Also, the maze design featured in the right route was bugging the heck outta me. I collected the emerald and the life before finding the spring. And eww, detons.

Act 3: You seemed to be shooting for a path towards the boss. However, it felt like there should've just been a level arena with eggman in the middle. If you were shooting for a path, you should've started like you would a normal level until you reached the boss. Also, the capsule should've been in plain sight, not behind a bustable wall.

Bluezero4, how did you have trouble finding the spring? I at first thought you had to jump up there, then I saw the "different design" that was also elivated a bit. I found that increadably easy to find. I can see where you were going with the platforms, but I don't get what you were talking about when you said "maze". Also, Fishhook, I opened your stages in doom builder so I could actually find my way through the orange emerald part. Triforce.

Ya. I purposely made the triforce! GO ZELDA!
I don't think the orange emerald is in a pointless place. Grab the fire shield and peg it to the orange emerald. there is a spring underneath the emerald

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back