• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

KIMOKAWAIII Is My Origin, KIMOKAWAIII Always Waits And Is Intensely Interested

Egg Flambe has received one more update as well.
http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=801082&postcount=354

The Arena has also been updated for appearances plus there is now a capsule on the map.

I also did what I could to get the music to change for the pinch phase. it works.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Download: (attached)
Title: True Protagonist
Submitters: Goldenhog
Credits: Star Light Zone textures from Spherallic's SRB2 Asset Pack. Sprites from Megaman 8, the Prinny games and Makai Kingdom. That one sound is from Megaman 8 also. Music is "Last Boss" from Magical Taluluto-kun.
Maintainer Notes: Remember to update the gimmering Lua function with whichever map slot the map ends up taking.

I couldn't figure out how to fix that damn bug with the missile dolls self-destructing. :(

Can you make this stage easier at all? not to be harsh, but Sonic 2 8-bit's Under Ground Zone boss was easier to deal with on the game gear than this boss.

drfutoC.gif

Download: [Attached]
Title: Bobo the Bouncy Boi
Submitters: TrustyGun
Credits: "murder" from the Mod Archive

Attachments

• sc_BOUNCYBOI_v2.7z
    114.1 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
wkNwNv9.png

Title: Dark Stabot
Submitters: Manimi
Credits: The music: "depeche maxi" and "euphoriosion" from the Mod Archive.
Maintainer Notes: Haven't tested it in multiplayer.

Attachments

• sc_DarkStabot.zip
    1 MB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Title: Dark Stabot
Submitters: Manimi
Credits: The music: "depeche maxi" and "euphoriosion" from the Mod Archive.
Maintainer Notes: Haven't tested it in multiplayer.

This is a cool boss, IMO. I feel it could benefit from maybe one or two less total hits [As in it's HP, not counting shield], as the shield brings the boss to about five minutes long- Which brought it from "Fun boss" to a bit of a slog. Otherwise, it's very fair.

Last edited:
Egg Lasershow has been updated.
Change log:
  • Added more player starts.
  • Optimized map to reduce 40% of the file size.
  • Changed the timing of the top to bottom laser attacks to be quicker.
  • Eggman should no longer go too high up.
  • Animated Eggman's panic state.
  • Modified two attacks which were duplicates.

4vJXr0u.png

Title: Confleggrator
Submitters: 742mph
Credits: CoatRack (sprites), Sonic Team (music)
Notes: Software mode is recommended.
How to play: Start a new game or go to MAP01
Version: 1.1

Attachments

• sc_confleggrator.zip
    103.9 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Just a reminder; the first initial entry deadline is tomorrow! Be sure to have your entries ready.

Ohoh man I love me submitting at the very last second

Title: Doomsday Disaster
Submitters: Lat'
Credits: The musics are, in the order they appear at: "Super Hero", "Mantra" and "Ultimate Terror" from the Mamorukun Curse! N163+FDS arrangement project. (I prefer the original / PS3 versions but music restrictions oblige.)
Sound effects are from various sources (Pokémon and Angel Beats!)
Maintainer Notes:
  • It should be obvious enough by trying to mess around, but when you have Boosts, you can press JUMP to use those.
  • Vanilla characters are all supported. Custom characters with no super frames will still work but they'll look retarded. It's up to you if you want to play as SAMMYCLASSICSONICFAN by chosing TSonic.
  • I have been reported some softlocks that I cannot reproduce consistently, (let alone reproduce at all). They seem to happen between phase transitions.
  • After the post-level cutscene the game reloads the map multiple times... because..?
  • Multiplayer is "supported", but definitely not recommended. (Splitscreen is completely unsupported however)
  • Record Attack is not yet avaiable.

Attachments

• ddboss.rar
    677.9 KB · Views: 206
  • srb20540.jpg
    srb20540.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 302
True Protagonist updated.

• Fixed the missile doll self-destruction bug! YES!
  • The PlayerSpawn hook now checks if it's on the right map in a smart way (thanks "Lat'"!). No more use for those maintainer notes now.
  • Buncha minor aesthetic changes and such.
  • The backwards jump attack now has a starting delay with a unique sprite and a sound effect, so that it's easier to react to. The gunshots now aim at different spots than before to make the attack much more consistent and easier to dodge.
  • The giant purple ball's hitbox is 1 FU smaller. ...It does make a difference for Knuckles!
  • The walking dolls will no longer harm the player if a bunched-up group is hit from the side, or if a mistimed jump results in a faceful of doll straight out of the cannon.
  • The air twirling attack is shorter and plays a sound on startup. The latter should, again, help reacting to it.
It was kinda weird hearing that the boss was really hard. I actually intended it to be middle-of-the-road difficulty, like not-too-easy-but-not-too-hard. And then I guess I got overzealous with the not-too-easy part. Oh well, might as well keep the hard boss now, just gotta make it a fair fight. Which is why only one attack received significant changes, it could get seriously luck-based depending on when it's used and that makes it a real pisser and I really should have realized that before.

Hopefully it makes the boss not so cheap anymore. I'm open to more changes if it doesn't take, I was thinking of slowing down all the dolls, but with that one attack being what it was, perhaps just this was enough to make the boss fun?

True Protagonist updated.

• Fixed the missile doll self-destruction bug! YES!
  • The PlayerSpawn hook now checks if it's on the right map in a smart way (thanks "Lat'"!). No more use for those maintainer notes now.
  • Buncha minor aesthetic changes and such.
  • The backwards jump attack now has a starting delay with a unique sprite and a sound effect, so that it's easier to react to. The gunshots now aim at different spots than before to make the attack much more consistent and easier to dodge.
  • The giant purple ball's hitbox is 1 FU smaller. ...It does make a difference for Knuckles!
  • The walking dolls will no longer harm the player if a bunched-up group is hit from the side, or if a mistimed jump results in a faceful of doll straight out of the cannon.
  • The air twirling attack is shorter and plays a sound on startup. The latter should, again, help reacting to it.
It was kinda weird hearing that the boss was really hard. I actually intended it to be middle-of-the-road difficulty, like not-too-easy-but-not-too-hard. And then I guess I got overzealous with the not-too-easy part. Oh well, might as well keep the hard boss now, just gotta make it a fair fight. Which is why only one attack received significant changes, it could get seriously luck-based depending on when it's used and that makes it a real pisser and I really should have realized that before.

Hopefully it makes the boss not so cheap anymore. I'm open to more changes if it doesn't take, I was thinking of slowing down all the dolls, but with that one attack being what it was, perhaps just this was enough to make the boss fun?
Dude, I have to say this, a few cents of change in difficulty is still cheep.

You still have only 1 ring, and I don't have the unlimited life system to practice with from the KawaIII preview wad to compensate for it.

I'm also CONSTANTLY getting hit while the Boss's invulnerability state lasts too long. You seriously can't consider thing a fair fight. I'm even starting to doub't that you've beaten your own boss.

I almost procrastinated myself into oblivion and had to make the entire boss part of this thing today. Yikes!
attachment.php

Still, here it is... the Unidus craze's logical conclusion. There are a few rough edges left to deal with, but that's what the polishing phase is for, right?

Download: Attached to this post.
Title: Pointy Egg
Submitter: Badz
Credits: BGM is "Jazz Boss Tune 2" from the Jazz Jackrabbit 2 soundtrack.
Maintainer notes: The boss object has MapThingNum 2161. It doesn't have anything map-dependent about it. Feel free to yell at me if I was supposed to make the map title be the name of the boss.

Attachments

• PointyEgg.png
    PointyEgg.png
    38 KB · Views: 917
  • sc_PointyEgg.7z
    247 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
@glaber: You've insulted my honor. Sir, I demand satisfaction! (sorry for the craptastic quality, I haven't used OBS in god knows how long, I dunno how to make it better)

Man, what would even be the point of releasing something that I can't beat myself? And I'm not a bad player so that'd have to be damn near impossible. I made sure Pure Rock was beatable as all vanilla characters, even back when I thought giving a 3-minute death marathon a miserly two checkpoints was a good idea. Why wouldn't I do that again? Sorry if it was hyperbole and I'm taking it literally when I shouldn't, but it irked me.

I get it, you think the boss is still way too hard and that I should make it way easier. I said I'd accomodate, but I can only do that to a certain point. A boss that is too easy is just... boring and unreplayable (who ever touches GFZ3 unless they have to?) and it's not like this boss is the hardest that the game has seen (both forms of Brak are harder, IMO, and that boss pack in Releases has some nasty jerks in it). I'll still see what I can do, but you know.

Was Arle Satan Bayoen Zone Act Tsuu too easy for you? Well here's a boss that'll defenetly not be that.

Download: Attatched
Title: Soniguri
Submitters: Tripel The Fox
Credits: Uses edited FSonic/Silver sprites, has plenty of sounds from Acceleration of Suguri. Some placeholder sprites for Soniguri are the ones root made for the original Soniguri, while the new ones are done by Yacker. Everything else original is made by me.
Maintainer Notes: Soniguri's sprites will probably be replaced eventually, and music is wip (if I don't finish the music in time, its fine how it is. If the sprites aren't finished in time, then its fine assuming root is okay with it, otherwise they will be replaced) Also included is an update to Arle Satan Bayoen Zone Act Tsuu, with only one line changed (line 4590 in LUA_PUYO). One variable in ASBZA2 was being constantly reset every frame, which is also used by Soniguri.

Attachments

• VsSoniguri.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 189
  • ArlePuyoPopTsuuKawaiii.zip
    11.7 MB · Views: 178
tElujTI.png

Download: Attached (Google Drive Mirror
Title: Aurora Atoll Zone, Act 3
Submitters: TehRealSalt & SeventhSentinel
Credits: Music is "Interrupted Sleep" and "Boss Battle" from Kirby: Super Star
Maintainer Notes: Score emblem can be achieved solely through a perfect Guard Bonus, just like Egg World.

After this post, then any new boss entries will officially be LATE! But hey, I'll still take it anyway.

Now, commence the polish phase! This next week will consist of reviews from players and updates from creators. In a few days, a preview pack will be uploaded that contains all of the bosses, so you can play all of them!

You have up to July 3rd @ 11:59pm EDT to submit a final draft of your boss battle. Right after that, the ribbon winners will be announced! Ultra-Violence!

Attachments

• sc_auroraatoll3.zip
    637.5 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:

This boss is certainly interesting, and I appreciate that her attacks are telegraphed well, but I think she still has a couple of problems.

*The walking dolls. There's no limit to how many the boss can spawn, they either damage you or leave you vulnerable for a long time on contact, and there's no way to safely get rid of them; you just have to avoid them until they eventually disappear on their own. Reliably dodging these things requires a lot of precise jumping, and SRB2 characters aren't well enough equipped for it with their low air acceleration. I'd recommend making them react like normal enemies to attacks so the player can try to clear them out with bounces or a spindash if they think it's safe. If that would stray too far from their intended purpose, though, you could make it so the boss won't spawn a set if there are any already active.

*The boss' invulnerability period. Every time you hit her, she gets two free attacks (unless the second attack is the backwards jump-shooting and you're right behind her when she does it, in which case she still gets one). This feels frustrating, as it denies the player a lot of opportunities to go on the offensive when they otherwise could, and it puts a low ceiling on skilled players' ability to demonstrate their skill by beating the boss really fast, as one should be able to do in a Sonic game. If you're aiming for "not harder than Brak Eggman", I'd recommend making her more like Brak Eggman by having her invulnerability last just long enough for one free attack.

Last edited:
Was Arle Satan Bayoen Zone Act Tsuu too easy for you? Well here's a boss that'll defenetly not be that.

Download: Attatched
Title: Soniguri
Submitters: Tripel The Fox

Okay, this replication has a number of issues but I'll go over what's really good about it first.

-Movement is crisp. I'm impressed at how smooth it feels, nearly identical to SORA. Wall-Dashing a bit finicky, but for the most part things feel really good.

-Tutorial at the start does a good job explaining the bare fundamentals of the Suguri Series. This will only slightly help those with on experience since they have to jump right into an EX Boss, but it's certainly better than nothing!

It may only seem like two good points, but most of the boss functions as expected, which is great. There are a few things changed from the SORA variant that really bug me, to the point that I didn't bother getting past phase 2 because of how much I felt like they ruined the fight.

-Does sonic have a hitbox attached to him? None of the bosses in either of the two Suguri games have active hitboxes on their body. The player's focus should always be on their attacks and movement without worry about touch damage.

-Sonic's Force Edge attack is random on the second half. I can't tell you how much of a bad idea this is. They appear from the edge of the screen, meaning they can often come at an angle the player can't escape at all. It's also a lack of consistency from the way the attack functions. The SORA version works because it's always aimed at you, not matter how fast it is, so the player is never confused on how to react.

-During health bar 2, Sonic starts using Suguri's second hyper, and when it activates he moves to the edge of the screen....unless he's already there due to where the player has been moving, creating an unavoidable hit from a missile that feels extremely cheesy. On top of this, Sonic uses Force Edge while the missiles are still firing. This essentially forces the player into an unavoidable missile hit from either the lingering explosions or the missiles that get hidden due to camera zoom....It's a mess, but there are solutions:

-Give Sonic a slight delay before activating the hyper on life bar 2
-Don't have Sonic use Force Edge during Hyper 2, giving the player an option of
escape.

Either (Or both!) of these will work. Right now the attack just isn't enjoyable in it's current state. Got tired of getting tic 1 exploded upon so I stopped trying.

-We have no Hyper to use of our own, kinda sucks because we have no defensive option or burst. It makes the fight stagnate due to a lack of options.

Really surprised to see other people know of the Suguri series. A bit of touching up can make this a lot more enjoyable than it currently is.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back