[Open Assets] SRB2: Oceanic Cove Zone v.2.0

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waitaminute, the "secrets" your refering to are like, what, shields and stuff, or secret rooms with tokens or something or some special visual? I haven't found anything like that on my run...

Yep there is alot of secrets in this map. That is why it is my favorite zone of all. You just need to explore more. When playing as sonic secret are harder to reach since he can't fly/climb/glide but he can discover them with the help from the helpful whirlwind shield (white) and that he doesn't get hurt after getting it.

Y'know, I just played it again a while ago...
I had no lag. I have no idea what did I do diffrently this time. So I've got to explore more of the level... It's awsome. Also, can anyone tell me what do I do in the part where if you click a switch, some platforms start moving to let you get to a flipping gravity monitor, and then if you turn around the green platform is "rising" (when flipped it looks like rising, on normal its actually... "sinking"? Dunno how to say that in English). So I stood on it but... didn't spot anything to go to. Help? I'm talking about Act 2, by the way.
Edit: WAITWAT. This level also has tokens?! For some reason, I'm guessing that's where the gravity flipped platform was leading to! Yay, more stuff to explore! I'm loving this level!
Edit2: Heh my vote just raised this to 5 stars. Yay?

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me what do I do in the part where if you click a switch, some platforms start moving to let you get to a flipping gravity monitor, and then if you turn around the green platform is "rising" (when flipped it looks like rising, on normal its actually... "sinking"? Dunno how to say that in English). So I stood on it but... didn't spot anything to go to. Help? I'm talking about Act 2, by the way.
Edit: WAITWAT. This level also has tokens?! For some reason, I'm guessing that's where the gravity flipped platform was leading to! Yay, more stuff to explore! I'm loving this level!

Actually no that doesn't lead to a token, it leads to a "nuke" shield (in dark room) and another switch that will open a secret door. However, your on the right track to collect the tokens.

When you have collected the gravity boots, step on the green platform as fast as you can and turn around facicing the wall. When raised enough you should be able to continue as usual but since you are in reverse gravity you can go straight instead of usualy turning right. Follow this path as fast as possible before the gravity boots wear off untill you see the switch below you and a dark room on a higher platform.

Each time I play this level I find new stuff so keep exploring to find secrets and how to figure how to reach them as sonic since they all can be reached by sonic (so far for me).

This level was/is simply amazing! A few friends and I were having a blast playing it over the last weekend.

Alas, we ended up crashing a ways into the second stage (T_T) - but wow, this map is simply awesome.

Totally looking forward to trying it more later - thanks!

This was a very good level, it had good level design, plenty of places to explore if you get off track, and it was really fun. My only problems with it is that there are too many slippery parts, which was very irritating but tolerable, there is also a bug in which when I load it up, any level I play starts playing the ring get sound constantly so I have to turn off the sound effects to actually play it without going insane. It's probably my second favorite level for single player yet.

It's very nice level i've try it but u need to complete it.U have to make other maps, Because it will be very cool when theres so many maps in single player and in multiplayer mode , THANK YOU AGAIN

Netro, if you use the community build it will fix the constant "ring" sound:
http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=35949

Just curious - what was your favorite level for single player?

For me, Oceanic Cove is (without a doubt) my favorite level of all time -- my friends and I had (and have) a blast playing together on it ^^.

The update to oceanic cove is one of the best i'll every see of an update, although slow at some parts for computers when at certain spots (Examples: Xp, Some Vista computers). Overall i'm flat out impressed on this update.

I don't think I've posted on this topic yet, but I gotta say, this level is amazing. I remember seeing it in its very early stages quite a while back, and even then I could tell that it was bound to make an impact on the community. And it has. This is one of the biggest and most expansive levels ever made, and exploring its every nook and cranny is a real treat. How you managed to make SUCH a big level with consistently interesting level architecture and fun gameplay is beyond me. Sure, there's not much there in terms of gameplay innovation, but I don't think that's the point. It certainly doesn't stop it from being one of the best levels I've ever played, and a constant source of inspiration for my own levels. You may never see my post, since you've haven't returned in quite a while, but I just wanna give you some major props 123Runite. Great work!

It does lag alot on my computer, but that could mean that this level has been well put together and has a lot of detail, dosen't Castle Eggman Zone 2 lag a lot two at the mace swinging part. I would never be able to build a level like this. Some suggestions though. You should look in the joining and meging sectors tutorial found on the Srb2 Wiki. I hear it helps improve frame rate of levels. I can't wait to see other levels you whip up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back