[Open Assets] The -leveling up- Buff Gauge!

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's undocumented in the first post actually.
Anyways, back to the topic.

I meant to post this earlier.
I made a health bar and changed it some when I saw this to fit it. It looked like a good
replacement when I tested out myself.
This is it.
0YjL6UI.png

Use it if you want :P

I feel that the +1 buffs (like +speed, and not ++speed) are too small to be noticeable, and at that point, why even bother? You should really make them a bit more powerful. Which also means you should make the +2 buffs a bit more powerful as well. If you think that it will make the thing unbalanced, then make the amount of rings you need to get the boosts higher or something, because the whole point of the buffs is to make you FEEL more powerful than before. As for speed making characters uncontrollable, that's more of a subjective thing. I remember not having problem with Sonic's speed buff before, but whatever. The main thing is... Well, buffing those buffs.

@Phil:
I will give a try for your graphics, I'm sure this will be a good replacement :P
Also, I wonder what was that "white segment" for, was it just for aesthetic or for something to be written on?

@LunarDestroyer:
Actually, the buff was nerfed by myself because of it being way too unbalanced.
(Having to collect 45 Rings to get a small buff) So it was re-balanced again. Even if the first buff isn't really noticable, it still helps the player. Tough, feel free to modify some values in the script to change some buffes.

@DoomGamesLover
This is probably something that wasn't supposed to happen X)
Anyways, it is supposed to be written
CUSTOM 1: NUKE (-50 RINGS). It only works during a jump, but can be used multiples times in one jump.
Also, I wonder why the other buffes don't get away... Gotta review this script later.

@Phil:
I will give a try for your graphics, I'm sure this will be a good replacement :P
Also, I wonder what was that "white segment" for, was it just for aesthetic or for something to be written on?

@LunarDestroyer:
Actually, the buff was nerfed by myself because of it being way too unbalanced.
(Having to collect 45 Rings to get a small buff) So it was re-balanced again. Even if the first buff isn't really noticable, it still helps the player. Tough, feel free to modify some values in the script to change some buffes.

@DoomGamesLover
This is probably something that wasn't supposed to happen X)
Anyways, it is supposed to be written
CUSTOM 1: NUKE (-50 RINGS). It only works during a jump, but can be used multiples times in one jump.
Also, I wonder why the other buffes don't get away... Gotta review this script later.
The latter. I'm changing it some more so I'll send you the update when I get back home after school

Like I said, if you want it to be balanced, the better way to balance it would be to adjust the ring amounts, not the buffs themselves. I mean, I just think that if the buffs aren't enough to make you noticeably faster, or noticeably jump higher, or whatever, then there really isn't a point. As far as modifying the mod itself, I tend to host servers alot (not often publicly, but still), and I would rather be able to just point to this page to have whoever is joining grab the script than to have to send them it, or even worse, have them download it through the srb2 server itself (since it usually ALWAYS hangs in the middle of the download). I would at least say you should attempt to try re-balancing it. (also, how was it unbalanced before? I thought it was pretty much fine how it was.)

The first version was unbalanced at a point that Sonic became uncontrolable, Tails had a way too high acceleration, which made him harder to control, and Knuckles had a speed as fast as Sonic's thok, so yeah.
EDIT: And it just took 30 Rings to fill up everything :P
By rebalancing it, I think we should elaborate possible buffes together, so everyone will be happy.
EDIT2: The gifs of the script are from the first version, feel free to see how it looks.

Even looking at the Gif, Sonic still looks plenty controlable. Yeah, sure, he might be HARDER to control, but Sonic was ALWAYS the hardest character to control. As far as Tails' acceleration, I'm not going to argue with that. And concerning Knuckles' glide speed...

I don't think you seem to understand what I mean by balancing ring amounts. Take Knuckles' glide speed for example. What you did was balance the stats, which is one way you could have taken it, but you also could have made it so that instead of say 30 rings for getting that kind of speed, you could have 60, or even 120. That way, you DESERVE to be slightly overpowered, because you managed to gather and keep that many rings. With the current setup, you could up the ring amounts to say 30,60, and 90, so that you could have slightly more powerful buffs, and make the player FEEL more powerful. Either way, if you don't want to add it at this point, I guess I'll stop bothering.

I really like the mod and concept, but a few things:
The font isn't right, isn't aligned correctly [I play at 1024x768, if that helps] and breaks Metal Sonic hilariously. I'm sure you could change the font and align the HUD. You can leave Metal out of this, but if you detected certain characters, like Knuckles, and granted unique abilities, that would be nice - but completely optional in my opinion.

Attachments

• Buff + Metal = HyperDrive.gif
    3.2 MB · Views: 322
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your opinion.
Concerning the HUD alignement, I can't see your screenshot.
About Metal Sonic, I could easyly disable the gauge just for him because the fact that it has Lua mostly breaks the buffes, it's also the case for Greeneyes which changes buffes while Super for no reasons.
About really UNIQUE abilities, then I think I could eventually give it a try, but it's not for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back