SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flame_the_hedgehog said:
isnt it possible to change/Add colors to the SRB2 pallete
Change yes, add no. Anyways, for some reason when I try to make the character move forward automatically, it makes the game sigsev before it even starts up!

Edit: Ok, I've got the moving forward part of the SOC working, now all I need to do is get A_ScoreRise to work.

That's great about the moving foward SOC. I first wanted to show the level as a surprise, but I guess it's way better to have other people help out.

For changing the pallete, if you look at my Kirby wad, I changed the pallete for the pink to match Kirby. It seems to work properly.

Easy for Knux only areas.
Just need CRUMBLING sideways moving FOFs (Only need for them to crumble so Knux destroys them on impact.)

Tapika the fox said:
(Only need for them to crumble so Knux destroys them on impact.)

something like sonic 3 (and knuckles)

tails users can probably have custom gravity

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
Tapika the fox said:

Actually, this SOC unintentionally allows players to hit run-speed with any character, so we can use Run-on-water areas for tails.
OK, the SOC is just about finished except for one glitch that I don't think I'll be able to fix. As the character performs tricks they gain a solid flow of rings, unfortunately you strangely have to be hit before you can perform tricks, so you might want to add a mine or something to the begenning of each level. Anyway, every character needs to have glide, with a fast ability speed. They perform tricks by double jumping. I'll make some invisible spin springs to put at the end of fake ramps (Stairs whatever). The second special ability frame is the trick frame. So name every frame for the tricks PLAYV, or whatever you have in place of PLAY. The game strangely seems to take multiple lumps with the same name, as an animation cycle.

Edit: for anyone who wants the SOC
DL removed

Can you make it so that we move *slower* then Tail's runspeed, but faster then Tail's normalspeed?
Runspeed is way to fast.

Are you kidding? No offense meant, but Sonic is, and always is about speed. Mariokart Races have a speed of 34, so that's at least the minimum. If the speed is too much for you, have the tracks have longer straight-aways so that you keep the speed with more response time.

Tapika the fox said:
Hey, in Sonic riders you dont go as fast as in that SOC!
Well maybe I thought that Sonic Riders was to slow.

Dark Mystic said:
I didn't really like the original game, but SRB2 style might be fun...
We're trying to make a better Sonic Riders in SRB2 if I understand him right. And IMO, faster is usually better. Yes I do love speed.

Draykon said:
Tapika the fox said:
Hey, in Sonic riders you dont go as fast as in that SOC!
Well maybe I thought that Sonic Riders was to slow.

sonic riders WAS slow, sonic team over exagerated the speed, obviously, it looks like your walking backwards at 20 miles an hour, but that doesnt make sense
it should be like 2 miles an hour, or 5 mi/hr

Draykon said:
Flame_the_hedgehog said:
Tapika the fox said:

Actually, this SOC unintentionally allows players to hit run-speed with any character, so we can use Run-on-water areas for tails.
OK, the SOC is just about finished except for one glitch that I don't think I'll be able to fix. As the character performs tricks they gain a solid flow of rings, unfortunately you strangely have to be hit before you can perform tricks, so you might want to add a mine or something to the begenning of each level. Anyway, every character needs to have glide, with a fast ability speed. They perform tricks by double jumping. I'll make some invisible spin springs to put at the end of fake ramps (Stairs whatever). The second special ability frame is the trick frame. So name every frame for the tricks PLAYV, or whatever you have in place of PLAY. The game strangely seems to take multiple lumps with the same name, as an animation cycle.

Edit: for anyone who wants the SOC
http://www.freewebs.com/draykonsjunk/riders2.soc

How do I get this SOC? It is just a lot of text when I click the link.

Oh, and I was thinking about adding characters and maps that were not in the game...like Metal Sonic (which would probably be wierd)...Space Colony Arc level (or an Angel Island level...)etc.

Is there a way that we can change the Sonic 2 styled signpost to the SA:DX checkpoint?

For some reason, I liked those checkpoints better.

how bout an invisible starpost? so we dont have to keep running to see where the starpost is, and it'll be more like a race track, not like a circuit map

(Sorry for the double post)

I just got started working on Tail's Board. What do you think (I only have one angle to it--not shaded yet)?

playa54jz.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back