SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, just to point out CZ64, when you add a custom character, even if all the icons are included, the map will disappear leaving you blind. The white map in the corner disappears anyway.

That's not a bug, that's a feature! :P

If you add a custom level, like Mystic Realm, then you'll still be able to see Metal City's outline. So to avoid this, if the game has been modified, all outlines will disappear. To bring it back in, you have to make a new wad with Level X and automap = 1. That will ensure that your custom wad has its own outline, which will help in editing Riders yourself.

It would be better if it disables the maps if a custom level is added, not a character like I said, I want to see that icon. :<

knuxa1.gif

All the standing and walking sprites for Knuxy now have been updated (with blue startcolor, it just isn't blue in this gif) :D

His goggles need to be swaying a bit, just to piss you off. :3
It would look a tiny bit more natural. But I like it.

MK mode would be easy enough as cZ64 has said, but Sonic R mode would just be a waste of time since there are way too many maps to do it for, and you would need extra waypoints for jumping and spinning and stuff including aerial manuvers.

Although, something I'll suggest for this is the same thing TF2 does with its bots. A .nav file that specifies the points the bots must go in and if there isn't a specific code for map, the bots can't be put in. They could be just wad fiels that have MAP##N or something.

MK mode would be easy enough as cZ64 has said, but Sonic R mode would just be a waste of time since there are way too many maps to do it for, and you would need extra waypoints for jumping and spinning and stuff including aerial manuvers.

Although, something I'll suggest for this is the same thing TF2 does with its bots. A .nav file that specifies the points the bots must go in and if there isn't a specific code for map, the bots can't be put in. They could be just wad fiels that have MAP##N or something.

Too many maps for it?....
There are like 5 maps. And one of them is straight forward(Raidant)

You're funny Autosaver. There are (I think) over 30 Sonic R maps. You know those contest maps? They're in the Sonic R game type. So yes, too many maps.

30 maps?

I only remember seeing 5. I still don't get what you are saying.

Besides weather changes, there weren't any extra maps.

It didn't accept ridersmusic? You're gonna have to be more specific. If you got an error, post it here. Also, if you were using the launcher, you should make sure that music isn't turned off. It's off by default, which I forgot to fix.
I think he means that it keeps saying it is corrupt or has been modified, when he has not even touched the file. I have the same problem.

I think the bigger question here would be "Why the hell would you do a MD5 check on a music wad?"

If OpenGL is impletented...
CarrierHack on Retro said:
In this tutorial I will explain you how to rip ds models from a ds game.
Note: I only know how to/can rip from .nsbmd files, not from any other model format

You'll need:
Tahaxan
A ds rom which uses .nsbmd as model format (you'll have to look into it with tahaxan)
nsbmd
metasequoia

I'll be using the mario kart ds rom for example, since that uses .nsbmd for characters and karts.

First, open tahaxan, and open the mario kart ds rom. You'll see this:

13484883.jpg

Now you have to navigate you to the models. Just open some folders, and you'll find them. The models from the karts are in data/KartModerMenu/kart. You should see this:

66401692.jpg

Now we have to extract the models. Open up a folder (the karts are each in a different folder, per character). I take mario's kart for example. There are three different karts (kart_MR_a, b and c). I pick kart_MR_c. Extract both kart_MR_c.nsbmd and kart_MR_c.nsbtx. kart_MR_c.nsbtx contains the textures.
Note: In some cases .nsbmd contains both model data and textures
If you have these models extracted, place them in a folder, together with the nsbmd program.

97980645.jpg

You'll notice 2 versions of opengl32.dll. First, rename OpenGL32[texturedump].dll to OpenGL32.dll. Now; drag kart_MR_c.nsbmd into nsbmd.exe. You should see this:

99061808.jpg

Now, press F on your keyboard, and wait a few second. Then close the program. A folder called Frame_[number] should have appeared. Open, it, then open the folder "images" which is in it. The textures are there.

Rename OpenGL32.dll to something else, and rename OpenGL32[modeldump].dll to OpenGL32.dll. Drag kart_MR_c.nsbmd into nsbmd.exe, and it'll ask you for a .glr file. Browse through your computer and select screencap.glr (which was included with the nsbmd download). Do not move/zoom/rotate the cam before doing this! Press "Scroll Lock" on your keyboard, wait a few seconds, then move around the cam abit. It should have dumped screencap.obj in the same folder as screencap.glr. The object file is really messed up, and not uv-mapped. Now, open metasequoia, open screencap.obj, and click on object/align faces.

23770685.jpg

46193012.jpg

48239607.jpg

File/SaveAs, and save it as an .obj file. Now you have the model, and the textures. You only have to texture it yourself.
Note: Some models are messed up (not only missing faces), you will have to fix those by hand.
Also some faces might need to be flipped

If you've textured it properly, this is the result:

90570545.jpg
...this shit would be awesome in Kart mode. Suggested for teh lulz.

I could try it out, only if OpenGL is brought back in 2.0.5. Since there's tons of bugfixes in 2.0.5, then the new Riders will be released sometime after 2.0.5 is released (porting isn't yet complete anyway). I've already ripped sounds from MKDS, so the model shouldn't be that hard.

I'm adding some finishing touches to Mario Kart, so soon enough, I'll release a new YouTube video.

how do i make the 3d model work? i tried to add the wizardrider.ridr file, but it didn't come out a 3d sonic

urr-- can it work with the new version of srb2? it says it misses the files srb.srb and srb.wad
Outdated Releases

• This forum contains files meant for older versions of SRB2, including versions 0.X and 1.X. These files are meant for archival purposes, but most of them should still work for their respective old versions. Please do not ask for help getting these files working.

That's a no. It works for 1.09.4 only.

how do i make the 3d model work? i tried to add the wizardrider.ridr file, but it didn't come out a 3d sonic

Find 3dmodels.zip on the first post. In fact, try reading the entire first post before asking questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back