MD2 Texture mixing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, anybody knows how to change camera variables?
if you mean Set-up Camera you can use the following commands on the console :
"cam_dist <Distance> for the distance
"cam_height" <Height> for the Height
"cam_rotate" <Degree> to rotate the camera
Example :
Cam_Rotate 180

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

I think I know where you got the model from. The old BlitzSonic Sonic 06 model?
it's easy to get this model just by using -SADXMDL-

it's easy to get this model just by using -SADXMDL-

Not really. SADX models have much different proportions. The model shown here has the correct proportions that are used in Sonic 06, that's why I am wondering if it is the model that was released for BlitzSonic.

Well, I think it will work just because I luckily know how to reduce polycount.
And about the very very very very VERY VERY VERY!!!!!! light blue fur of Sonic:
fragMOTION2014-03-2121-17-54-387.jpg

An extra animation made in fragMO:
fragMOTION2014-03-2121-15-47-189.jpg

I'll manage to make the models work for Srb2.

Its like I said earlier. Depending on where you get the textures from (some people already do this before releasing the textures), but most of the time the textures appear in layers, and require a photo editing program to merge them together using different transparencies or additive properties to the layers. Take a look at the Sonic Generations model for example, when I first got into SADX modeling, I tried to port the Sonic Colors model into it, but I had 3 different textures of his fur. One was his pure blue skin, another was pure black/white fur, and another was a black/white version of it. I took them in paint.net and fused them to create one solid texture, that looked exactly like it did in Sonic Colors.
I think the model is from here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lNYl31Aalo
(If it's from there, then please give credit)
I remember that some people tried to merge the layers and get one texture but it didn't work correctly. I'd like to fix the colors textures so it looks like in game but I don't know on how to do that in paint.net. Could you make a tutorial for that ?

I remember that some people tried to merge the layers and get one texture but it didn't work correctly. I'd like to fix the colors textures so it looks like in game but I don't know on how to do that in paint.net. Could you make a tutorial for that ?

First open up all the matching textures, like all the textures that are meant for the fur, and make sure they are the same dimensions. Highlight one texture, go to edit> paste in a new image. Then highlight the other textures, copy, select the newly made image, and paste the other textures as new layers though edit> paste in a new layer. After this step, its all about experimentation. Trying to figure out how the pieces fit each other. Try playing around with the layer's properties through layers> layer properties, and experiment by either changing the transparency of the layer, or changing the layer type to be additive, or difference, multiply, there are many different combos depending on what textures you are using. Its all really about experimentation unless you actually know how the developers layer their textures in-game.

Edit: forgot to say, it also depends on layer location on the image. If something doesn't look right, try moving the layer above other layers, or below other layers, which ever give you great results.

Last edited:

I know this pack, the creator is my best friend and I asked him to use this. You grab your light blue fur from your sonic 06 model for BSU, grab a totally blue texture with the skin unmodified, open photoshop, copy the totally blue texture of the skin, merge it in the light blue fur, you adjust the transparency of the blue dark fur and then you have the texture I have in the model I shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back