• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

A little something new!

Status
Not open for further replies.

danie

My new mod! I won't be giving the name until until my first video of my mod.

PICS:

srb20042.png

srb20043.png

srb20044.png

srb20045.png

Good Start? I am not done with it at all but what do you think?

Well the house is Hedgehog Gouse, where Sonic, Shadow, And Silver live and the outside village is called Little Hill a place where sonic lives and Other characters like tails.

I'm guessing it's like a storyline thing then...
Like a mini Sonic Adventure, only your version...

Or something like that.

This looks very plain to me. Needs more detail. Also seems like a Roleplaying level. Something me and many others on the MB are not interested in, but it is your map you can do whatever you want with it. Although I don't know if they will let you release the map here on the MB.

srb20042.png

Ceiling's a bit too low.

srb20043.png

Seriously? Tails is in trouble again?
When did he turn into Princess Peach?
srb20044.png

Ok Way to linear.(The ground is too flat) The buildings are too cube-ish
And you have the same texture, for the wall, over and over.
srb20045.png

In the corner the grass starts to blend give it some hills and texture variation.

I made maps that are worse than this..... But it's a good start. And as I see, you don't use FOFs, I saw at least one in your screenshots, and I don't know if it is one. Try adding platforms, make at least a path, some challenges, scenery and a finish level. Practice more and more, and you'll make good maps.

Last edited:
The only thing that doesn't look like an 8-year-old made are the Sonic sprites. Everything else is way too bland, cubish, and plain ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back