• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Whackjood's level design shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are you telling me that you defeat Brak

To then defeat a bigger Brak?

I'm digging it.

After that there should be a boss unique to the level itself
Good lord no, this level is already held together by glue and duct tape. It's been a technical nightmare working with every boss in the same map! I'd rather not add another layer onto this elaborate house of cards.

I'm digging it.
Of course, one thing I am meaning to do is to change Modern Brak's death animation. So that instead of falling over, he just finishes his explosion with an anti-climactic Crawla pop & releases a flicky, before the Old Brak reveal happens.

That sounds like you might have to completely recode new brak with that death animation. It's an interesting thing, yes, but recoding that might be a nightmare in the end, I wish you good luck on eventually finishing this boss rush.

It's not that hard. Just map the death frame to a different state, since that's how the pros did it back when SOC was all the rage. You young whippersnappers with your Luers and your non-crashy wad editors and your what haves you...

Wrapped in Brak too strong!

I was actually thinking about this boss rush a little while ago and wondered what happened to it. Glad to see it's still in the works, and even more glad to see 2.0 Brak making it's triumphant return in it's own arena. That transition was really well done, and making the corpse of Modern Brak pop anticlimatically would also get rid of the problem with the body floating in the air like that. Jolly good show!

now i can only imagine how many times i'll die before i even get to that part

I have to wonder how you solved the problem of Old Brak and sea egg on the same map.

A Lua script that teleports the waypoints to new locations after the first of the bosses is defeated.

Apparently for the past couple months Whackjood's just been keeping both sets of waypoints around permanently, and the Sea Egg doesn't mind but 2.0 Brak likes jumping into lava as a result so it's held him back.

I made him a script to delete specified waypoints once the Sea Egg's deleted, but it's completely untested so. I dunno.

Well, I've had a lot of trouble with Old Brak in general. Small differences in how the waypoints are set up between the two bosses upsets Brak's pathing.

It is a mystery to me how people got Sea Egg and ye olde Brak to work in the same map back in 2.0

Sorry Wolfy, I wasn't able to get your fix to work in the end :<

Don't mind me, just bringing this thread back from the dead.

With 2.2 about to release, I intend on trying to update Egg Gauntlet to include the Arid Canyon Zone boss. No promises at this stage, I haven't seen the fight after all and maybe it will play rough with other bosses like old Brak did. But it's certainly something I plan on trying to do to bring Egg Gauntlet up to parity with 2.2's new boss.

Otherwise, I also plan on updating Metropolis Sprint, if anyone remembers that map of mine from 2.0. Just a few small updates here and there to improve it in areas that bother me while I bring it to 2.2. So hopefully, I'll have those ready not too long after 2.2's release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back