Overpowered Food Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobinator

My thoughts on your posting
doubledown_hdr.jpg

The Consumerist said:
Last August, we wrote about the "Double Down," a mysteriously tempting (and potentialy lethal) new food item being tested by KFC. For those coming late to the story, it's bacon and cheese sandwiched between two pieces of fried chicken. And now, many months later, I'll finally be able to get my hands on one.

KFC announced the decision to go live with the Double Down yesterday, but we weren't sure they weren't playing a April Fools gag. But no, they truly are going nationwide with the delicacy on April 12.

The sandwich will be available in two forms. The Original Recipe sandwich will set you back about 540 calories, 32g of fat and 1380mg of sodium. The not-as-bad-for-you Grilled Double Down totals 460 calories, 23g of fat and 1430mg of sodium.

Story is here: http://consumerist.com/2010/04/kfcs-bacon-...n-april-12.html

Man, I don't want to eat this thing at all. Ever. ...No matter how delicious it looks. Good thing I pretty much stopped eating at KFC on my own choice. I'm fat enough as it is. :P

Moderator Notice:
This is now the general discussion thread for foods of insane proportions (that will probably kill you).

Last edited by a moderator:
In a relative sense, what would 540 calories be the equivalent to, since some of us don't generally pay attention to that stuff? (I just eat, I'll worry about that when I never get fat, go go high metabolism).

You guys are wusses.

041116_monsterTB.hmedium.jpg

MSNBC said:
As many fast-food chains introduce healthier fare amid fears of being sued, Hardee’s is bucking the trend, serving up a megaburger with 1,420 calories and 107 grams of fat.

Try eating two Monsterburgers in one sitting. I dare ya.

Last edited:
Stop it, you're making me hungry!! :P

Actually, the Double-Down is less fattening than BK's and McD's trademark sandwiches (Whopper, Bic Mac respectively) by about 10g or so and 100 calories.
I must say that it looks particularly tasty, and unlike the OP I'm not really watching my weight.

...Now to find the nearest KFC.

Might try it out tomorrow, I got a couple of bucks in the wallet. In comparison, it isn't as fattening at all as most fast food menus.

And it seems that variations of the Luther burger (Referenced in the picture two posts above) take the cake.

I like grilled chicken more than fried :P (if it's seasoned well)
If they had that, I'd eat it every day ^^"

Is it bad to say that I would probably eat like 5 of those in one sitting? Because that looks delicious from my perspective.

EDIT: Then again, I did try to eat a 5 pound Burrito in 30 minutes so I wouldn't have to pay for it.

Oh, before I forget.
krispy-kreme-bacon-cheeseburger.jpg

Bitch, please.

That's a wonderful appetizer and all, but here's the main course.

world-record-burger1.jpg

Eat one of these; I dare you.

I love how places like medicinal Kentuckey Fried Chicken bring up such delightful conversations.

Last edited:
someone said:
*something about the meals looking appetising*
Well... I can't see how they can be mouth-watering (maybe the huge size puts me off?) and don't tell me most of these foods are american right?
Other than what I mentioned above they must be really nice and that KFC chicken thing dosen't look too dangerous compared to the other foods mentioned.

Last edited:
giant-gummy-bear-300x300.jpg

Your burgers have nothing on this giant gummy bear.

Also, I hereby name this thread the Overpowered Food Thread, to allow for discussion of more than just a heartattack between two pieces of chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back