Texture1 / Texture2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DooMAD

I've already successfully added a texture to my WAD and everything works fine. But when I try adding another new texture it screws up and I get a P_InitiPicAnims: bad cycle from GFALL1 to GFALL4 error.

I notice XWE adds a new TEXTURE1 lump when I add new entries. Is there not supposed to be a TEXTURE1 lump in there? Do I have to rename it to TEXTURE2 every time I add a new resource? If so, why can't it be more simple? I don't get any crap like this with Doom.

XWE's a moron and adds Doom's TEXTURE1 instead of SRB2's IIRC.

I've never been a fan of XWE (that's putting it mildly) and much prefer WinTex, but that also seems to break it.

Rename the TEXTURE2 lump to TEXTURE1 every time you wanna add new textures. (I think)

Thanks for that, got it working now. It's kind of a pain in the arse, but I guess I'll get used to it after a while.

You could e-mail the author of XWE and ask him to add official support for SRB2.

That's the best idea I've heard, SSN!

Either that, or you could use somthing like Slumped...

You shouldn't be using TEXTURE1, anyway. TEXTURE1 replaces all the texture entries in the game, TEXTURE2 is the one where you should stick additional ones. PNAMES is the lump you need to copy over from srb2.srb, then add stuff to.

Answer me this before I go offline; Does WinTex require installation. If it does, I'm screwed for WAD editing.

EDIT: Don't answer. You'll figure out what I found out with the next two words: I'm ****ed.
(Yes, that was intentional sensoring. Since it's sensored ANYWAY, what the heck, I'll do it for the site)

Last edited:
You shouldn't be using TEXTURE1, anyway. TEXTURE1 replaces all the texture entries in the game, TEXTURE2 is the one where you should stick additional ones. PNAMES is the lump you need to copy over from srb2.srb, then add stuff to.
Yes, I did that when importing the first texture and all was well. But it started going wrong when I went back to add a second new texture and didn't realise I'd have to rename the TEXTURE2 lump or XWE would overwrite TEXTURE1 without asking.

Asking to add full support on the XWE forum now.

Answer me this before I go offline; Does WinTex require installation. If it does, I'm screwed for WAD editing.
It doesn't need installation as such, you can just unzip it to a folder. WinTex 4.3 is here. I would have a later version, but I'm not sure what features they added other than an annoying "Are you sure you want to quit?" dialog, so I kept the old one, heh. You may run into palette issues though, it's a bit rigid in that department.

Last edited:
YOU ROCK. XWE now is working correctly! YAY!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back