The magical spinning lady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arf

Ok, this got to my mom in a chain letter a long time ago.
I found it again and I was all "Haha, this is amazing", so I just saved it.
I decided to share it with you guys, free of death threats if you don't forward to at least 20 more people.

2lvzpzmjpg.gif

Depending on which side of your brain is more developed, you'll see the lady spinning clockwise or counter clockwise.
You can also manage to make it shift from one spinning motion to the other if you've become used to seeing this. I know I can at least.
It had something to do with your creative vs logic part of the brain I think, can't remember right now.
How does this work? I think it has to dow tiht he fact that it's just a silhouette and not an image with color. You're basically watching a black blob on a 2D surface, your screen, and that it deforms and contracts to make it appear that it's spinning. I'd be able to explain it better if I were an actual animator, but I think you'll get it.

If you have trouble making it spin the other way, look at the reflection on the floor...

PS: If this isn't very topic worthy, go ahead and lock it, but I'd like to see whether you guys can do this. Or find out if it's a fake ;) Good luck.

I can get it to change direction on command. It's all about changing your focus on the image.

Arf said:
Ok, this got to my mom in a chain letter a long time ago.
I found it again and I was all "Haha, this is amazing", so I just saved it.
I decided to share it with you guys, free of death threats if you don't forward to at least 20 more people.

2lvzpzmjpg.gif

Depending on which side of your brain is more developed, you'll see the lady spinning clockwise or counter clockwise.
You can also manage to make it shift from one spinning motion to the other if you've become used to seeing this. I know I can at least.
It had something to do with your creative vs logic part of the brain I think, can't remember right now.
How does this work? I think it has to dow tiht he fact that it's just a silhouette and not an image with color. You're basically watching a black blob on a 2D surface, your screen, and that it deforms and contracts to make it appear that it's spinning. I'd be able to explain it better if I were an actual animator, but I think you'll get it.

If you have trouble making it spin the other way, look at the reflection on the floor...

PS: If this isn't very topic worthy, go ahead and lock it, but I'd like to see whether you guys can do this. Or find out if it's a fake ;) Good luck.

This is pretty interesting with the spinning. I caught it turn the other way also.

Spazzo said:
I showed this to people in #srb2fun, like, ages ago :<
Problem is nobody listens to you. ;)
Actually they do, they just pretend they don't. Or at least that's what I do. :D

That is trippy. She was initially spinning clockwise, but I was able to get her to switch directions, and now I can get her to spin counter-clockwise on cue. Not as easy to get her back though.

It started out as counter-clockwise, and then i figured out by staring at her inner foot I can somehow change it (but I can't tell if it's at will or not), since that doesn't move much and I can change how it rotates in my head.

Somehow, I'm more comfortable when she's spinning counter-clockwise than when she's spinning clockwise.

Ooh... I can change the direction she spins in by looking at her shadow or the foot just above it. That's interesting... O.O

At various times, I've seen her spin both ways. But usually it looks counterclockwise (or anticlockwise, to non-Americans) to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back