• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Megaman 8-bit (Mod?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manic

wat
Starting a Megaman 8-Bit (mod?).. Using only a very few ripped sprites, I'm making the 5 directions for the sprites. I do not have the pallete right now, or SRB2. Currently, it may be just another replacement mod, but hopefully more can be done soon.
Who I'm making:
Megaman & Protoman - Single player characters
Roll, Rush + other Robot Masters? - Multiplayer only
Dr. Wily & Bass - Bosses

What I'm doing:
Making textures and sprites in 8-bit style.. Hopefully to learn to make levels.
Enemies will be from Megaman, and in 8-bit. EX, Metool as a turret.
No story is currently planned out.

Here's what I have so far.

I'm still working on the fourth set of running. The running sprites will have only three sprites. Megaman & Proto will of course have a ringslinger item in 1P. The shields are also the sprites on the right of the sheet.

Also, my other creations are on hold for now, as I do not have the files.

Megaman levels might be pretty hard to remake in SRB2. It would take a lot of work. Also you're going to have to remake those sprites, it might be 8-bit, but you culkd remake the 8-bit into 32-bit for SRB2. First thing you should do is remake the sprites for Megaman, just start from there and keep on going.

Interesting concept. Might not fit with the artistic style of SRB2, but I'd like to see this executed as a mod, myself.

Would be cool if you could soc a metool. ;o

Just make it go for the amount of frames three shots would take. Then switch to a new frame which isn't shooting.

zeldagamer00 said:
Blue Warrior said:
Would be cool if you could soc a metool. ;o
(If its possible,) All you would have to do is reskin the pop up turret and have it fire 3 bullets.

But you'd also have to make it invincible while it's covered by its hat. Can't have a metool without a hard hat!

Speedylizzard14 said:
Yes. a MegaMan mod.

I'd love to help, anything I can do?

I dunno as of yet. You can possibly finish Protoman, editing from Mega. Also, this is the updated sheet.

I will also try to make a soc that makes the characters able to breathe underwater. Should be easy, I guess. Never tried to make a soc. Yeah, the Metool does need to be protected, but how is is it possible to do so?

Changing the flags. I forget what the action is, so go look it up.

As far as it being a mod, finish the character first and then see if you want to do everything else as well.

Look, you've GOT to make the sprites bigger. Even if you're using the 8-bit sprites, you should blow them up to the size of Sonic.

Seems like an interesting project. It'd probably be better if you used the 16-bit (MM7) sprites, but the 8-bit sprites could work, too.

Is there a program or certain resizable number in paint that I can use to resize the sprites? I don't really like resizing in paint, though. I'm also using 8-Bit because I like the style more than the other eras, and the fact that it's easier to make sprites custom for them to me.

Example of what's been done.
Eddie = Item boxes
Red and blue giant E-Tanks = Red and Blue flags
Spikes = Spikes

Ignore the screwy Life icon on the bottom. Using Amy as a base for the Megaman wad.

I like where this is going.

About the breathing underwater thing... you could just add UNDERWATERTICS = 9999 to the MAINCFG.

It won't make you breath underwater, but you'd have to be underwater for a ridiculously long time before you'd drown.

I have it at -1, since Megaman never drowned in the games, unless if it makes it seem unfair, I'll change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back