Oh, good. Bug in texture1...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasa

Yes, I downloaded it, extracted it, and added it to the wad. When I add it, the textures are empty. On the left side shows the patch name, and it shows " ÿÿÿÿ ". And whenever I add that wad, error comes: missing patch for texture "texture name" It worked before, but now the patch changes. And I can't do the names for them all...
I re-extracted it, deleted it from a wad, and added it again. Not working. Then, I re-downloaded and did all I have to do, and still not working. I read about TEXTURE2 but there is NO texture2. And in other mods, I saw them using all those custom patches in TEXTURE1. Nevermind that, but how do I fix this?!

Well, which lump editor are you using? For both, it's as easy as just right clicking the patch you want to add and clicking "add to PNAMES" and "add to TEXTURE1". You do need to make P_START and P_END markers first.

Alternatively, I could do it for you if you'd like. Just post the image you want to be inserted as a texture, and I can do it in a matter of minutes, if not seconds.

Ash said:
Well, which lump editor are you using? For both, it's as easy as just right clicking the patch you want to add and clicking "add to PNAMES" and "add to TEXTURE1". You do need to make P_START and P_END markers first.

Alternatively, I could do it for you if you'd like. Just post the image you want to be inserted as a texture, and I can do it in a matter of minutes, if not seconds.
Oh, I alredy did, and animated lump. P_START and P_END markers...
Hmm, I need to check this out. All the patches were removed since the last edit. Last edit is:
LEVEL99
NEXTLEVEL = 11
Oh, sorry, I forgot about P_START and P_END. Well, there was something wrong with the wad, I fixed it, and P_START and P_END where shown as maps in SRB2 Doom BUILDER, because there were nodes, floors, and those things for the map under them. I need thaT MARKERS.

Curiously, P_START and P_END are ignored. I think they're only used by Boom. Patches can be anywhere in the wad.

Ok, used in Boom...
Well, how do I fix this?

EDIT:
I have been waiting for 2 days and no help? I wanna make some levels, but I can't without TEXTURE1, because I add new patches. And if that doesn't work, I won't be able to finish my wad because of this stupid glitch. And I was planing of creating a new gametype too. Well?

EDIT2:
Hey, I think I got it! To copy TEXTURE1 from other wads, and delete the custom once, and add mine. Maybe it will fix it too. Because texture1 is changinig to it's folder since the last edit and it stays. I'll tell you if it works or not.

EDIT3:
It didn't work. In other wads it can be shown, but in mine not. I'll see if something is wrong. If I can't fighure it out, then I'll upload the wad and see if you can find what's wrong.

EDIT4:
I can't belive it that I was so stupid! Somehow pnames lump changed all it's names to "ÿÿÿÿ'. No wonder it works when I re-add the patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back