• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Zappy's Ztupid Ztuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
More weird letter pun thingies in titles of editingstuffs here. Oh, well. I might as well post some stuff here too, I guess. Some things may be more related to Sonic Robo Blast 2 than others.

For starting, have this weird hexagon thing with circuitboards, 'cuz hexagons and circuitboards are futuristic.

gif_derp_by_thezeroteam-d8omrh3.gif
derp_by_thezeroteam-d8one0b.png

The Gif is not using any particular palette, and the stitch-up is using a custom SRB2 palette (where the orange needs re-doing). Each tile is 32x28 pixels, though the corners of tiles can go into corners of other tiles. Not sure why I made this...

Last edited:
The impression I get is that these are some sort of Chaos Emeralds meant only for robots, which is actually kind of cool, hahah.

I gotta say that I dig how the animation of the circuit board was done, it's simple yet so decent.

The impression I get is that these are some sort of Chaos Emeralds meant only for robots, which is actually kind of cool, hahah.
Maybe. Maybe not. (Probably "maybe not".) Only time will tell, and even then it's not for sure time WILL actually tell, since I'm decently bad at mapping. Or averagely bad. By decently bad I just mean I'm good at being bad. You know what I mean, I haven't had a lot of practice with it.

If it will be used by me for something, it's probably going to be some sort of collectable, at least. Hm...

I gotta say that I dig how the animation of the circuit board was done, it's simple yet so decent.
When you say something alike "good job" or you "dig something", I think that means I did okay-ish. Thank you.

"Dig" means "totally tubular, man".

I think this sprite is totally tubular, by the way!

"Dig" means "totally tubular, man". I think this sprite is totally tubular, by the way!
I know what "dig" means in such a sentence, but "totally tubular, man" is something new to me. Thank you.
I may be able to get an in-game capture/gif of these... things tomorrow or such. (Currently working on getting their sprites into a Wad.)

I still have no idea what I could put them to use for, though. Maybe upgrades for something Lua-ish. Maybe "making" new tech-y things (space ships, for example) by collecting them, in order to progress, or find hidden things in previous levels. Possibly both. I'm not sure.

Last edited:
I swear, I tried to record Gifs in 640x400 software mode, but SRB2 (2.1.14, SDL2) decided to record aPNGs instead. Which is a shame. No, I was not using OpenGL mode. The colours looked awful when I opened the pause menu, which they don't in OpenGL. But I still got the "Tech Shards" to work, and they do their little circuitboard animation thing once a second.

l_is_real_by_thezeroteam-d8owomt.png

Oh, and the custom palette has had orange re-done to be brighter like the vanilla palette. Yay.

Last edited:
I swear, I tried to record Gifs in 640x400 software mode, but SRB2 (2.1.14, SDL2) decided to record aPNGs instead. Which is a shame. No, I was not using OpenGL mode. The colours looked awful when I opened the pause menu, which they don't in OpenGL. But I still got the "Tech Shards" to work, and they do their little circuitboard animation thing once a second.

l_is_real_by_thezeroteam-d8owomt.png

Oh, and the custom palette has had orange re-done to be brighter like the vanilla palette. Yay.
http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Console/Variables#MOVIEMODE_MODE_.3Cinteger.2Fstring.3E

Are you sure you did not forced song mode?

I did not, but according to that variable having the "autosave" flag, which I believe means it gets saved in the configuration file, Sonic Robo Blast 2 may have set it to aPNG and saved that upon me using OpenGL, then loading aPNG as the correct value in software. It wouldn't surprise me if I'm right about that. It just does what it's programmed to. Save and load the variable.

Thank you for telling me about that variable. I'll keep it in mind next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back