• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Arcade Gamer's Galactic Space Lab of Work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[And replace the cow. Why is that cow so small? It doesn't make sense.]

I'd rather say, How could such a small badnik even handle a cow inside of it!
Getting back on the topic, the sprites are looking beautiful. My only complaint would be that the flicky seems a little too big compared to the robot it's supposed to be in, but that's just me, and seriously, who really cares about sense in a Sonic game? =P Keep it up!

Sorry to break it to you guys, but VAdaPega already remade the Flicky and is already remaking the SRB2 animals, along few other ones from Sonic 1 and Sonic 2. The best thing about this is that the animals he made now have one frame for jumping up (know how they jump out when you destroy a badnik in the Genesis games? Yeah, it's like that), and instead of a silly two frames loop, this time all of them use a three frames loop for a smoother animation.

But hey, don't let it get you down, I personally think your Flicky came out really nicely, and it's clearly tons of times better than the official one. The only problems I have with it is that the bird feels too big, and use some anti aliasing to not look so outlined. It's true VAda already made new Flicky sprites, but if you want to know what I think, the Flicky you made could be a good base for making new birds, such as the other Sonic 3D Blast flickies.

Last edited:
I like the idea of a Mechless Eggman. That's why I made Eggpack.
In the begining I thought the world needed a Mechless Eggman. But, since I suck major shit at LUA, I had to give him an ability that sounded logical. And so, I added the Jetpack.

Now I'm more interested in this. keep up the work.

Zero and Arcade Gamer, I have a wad called OnFootEggman.wad, and it doesn't have any sprites. It just uses Sonic's sprites, but the lua is definitely in place.
You can find this at http://www.wikiupload.com/NUSF0WQXJ1UVZ8W.

This is quite interesting...
However, there are some issues, such as his lowered jump [he can't even escape the GFZ pool of water] and lack of a spin. Perhaps you could make his jump closer to Knuckles height, or set it to the default. About the lack of a Spin, you could have a slide which breaks Monitors and allows you under the holes that can be entered by Spinning, and fits my MegaMan idea. Also I found that weighty jump quite funny due to the impact, but we were hoping to make a playable Eggman, not a funny one that can't even beat the game. But, we could have an alternate, joke WAD made....
Also the sound design fits well, so that's a plus.

I don't even know where I get most of my wads, so I had to upload it.

EDIT: No, I did not make this.

fuqa9f.jpg

2nu3onr.jpg

Ohohoho man, my Charmy is actually being used for something. Just one thing, that front sprite looks thick as hell, and that's a really wide head he got there. You might want to keep his head in a little more circular and more slim shape, specially on the bottom outline of his muzzle, which seems too large as well. His goggles also feel odd, given they have the brightening mirrored like that-- It would feel more consistent if you kept both lens of the goggles with the same direction of brightening. And one last thing, his feet feel too spread out, I would make them point forward just a little more.

By the way, amazing Normal Boy clean up, I almost completely forgot about him. I would just anti alias his shirt a little bit, because it certainly looks very shadeless right now, but other than that, I'm loving what I'm seeing~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back