this keeps happening its so annoying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

verifiaman

The master of verification.
has anyone ever been on a site and all of a sudden you get this?
security-spyware-v3 or something similar? how do you get rid of it?

I think he says he's getting a virus scanner installed out of nowhere.

DON'T USE IT. Run a virus scan for spyware, trojans, and malware, preferably not connected to the internet. While it's scanning, try and find a way to uninstall the program.

no im not. its basically that sometimes when i go to a site i get that url and it tells me i got a lot of fake viruses. it happens rarely and randomly.

ok now its happening more. i tried searching but it pulls up the Sites for the scanners. now im getting something called bestantivirus v4 or something

ok i shouldve mentioned this, but i already did that cue. it doesnt find them and it still keeps happening

let me rephrase what i asked earlier. when i go to a site, it gets redirected to my documents or c drive saying i have a hundred viruses in there, and it literally says a hundred, sometimes 120

When that happens, open an instance of "My computer", "My Documents", or what ever it is, Compare that screen to what is really there, make sure the sizes and names match. If they don't , that screen in your browser is a phony and is trying to get you to download a virus.

Edit, May we have a screen next time this happens?

oh no, it happens on this site sometimes too. now im getting redirected to something called try to win today . cn

Scan again, you quite obviously have a virus because we have no ads in place.

Scan with everything. You did try Malware Bytes didn't you? If you tried another AV, I don't care what you tried, try MWB.

This virus you are speaking of is an ad for a virus scanner of some sort which might download something.

Firefox fixed this and it no longer appears, but for any other internet browsers it might appear.

It's plainly a redirect, as long as you don't click anything other than hitting the back button, everything should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back