• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

General project screenshot/video thread

Not with that attitude, no. Despite the fact that they're both terrible even as jokes.

To brag about that you actually did something? At least I do that. But if that still bothers you, do something original.

But what's the point of doing something if somebody is always going to make something better? I just don't see the point. This happens all the time to me.

You know, even if someone is doing the same thing that you're doing, just try to impose yours, and even if that doesn't work, you at least did something interesting.

You can also try to do something "unique"
For instance, New Horizons has its own style of super-linear level design that you will see nowhere else! :P

I don't understand mapping, LUA, or anything else. I just understand character wads.
But every time I try to make a character wad, it turns out terrible or this happens.
Sometimes I feel like I'm not useful for anything.

If someone's upstaging you, you could use that as your motivation.

And honestly? Don't worry about it. Accept criticism- as far as I know you're still starting out, and nothing will come out perfect the first time, not even from the best around here. I made a character wad once and it looked pretty bad, but I still gave it my then-best effort and was interested in everybody's critique, even if I never got around to fixing it. And seeing someone take my sprite and shade it better as an example just made me realize I wanted my entire wad to look like that.

To add to that, we've got a lot of extremely talented people here like MotorRoach with his spriting, Katmint with her LUA... so don't feel bad about being upstaged.

Also, mapping's fairly simple. It's not as hard as a character wad either, so that's really worth a shot. And the wiki is fairly well documented, but I'm going to go ahead and guess you're a visual learner. Because that's what I am and when I started reading the wiki years ago it didn't make sense to me, as detailed as it was.
That or it's just outdated. I haven't checked.

Rex, no one gets by with an "I can't" attitude. Take the advice that people give you and apply it to make your work better. You need to press on, no matter what people say. Unless those people are the mods. Then you do whatever they say ASAP. Shall we get back on topic, ladies and gentlemen?

And the wiki is fairly well documented, but I'm going to go ahead and guess you're a visual learner. Because that's what I am and when I started reading the wiki years ago it didn't make sense to me, as detailed as it was.
That or it's just outdated. I haven't checked.

And this is the exact reason I still cannot seem to figure out FOFs for that match map I was working on that I posted in here earlier, in fact I usually try and look up a video or image tutorial on this type of thing (which that is the exact way I learned how to make genesis remixes like the ones found in the link in my sig.)

@Rex: If you're not willing to actually do something about it other than attention whore publicly, could you not let your low-motivation and self esteem skills drag this topic down the drain, please.

Wow that came out rude.

Last edited:
If you're not willing to actually do something about it other than attention whore publicly, could you not let your low-motivation and self esteem skills drag this topic down the drain, please.

Wow that came out rude.

Sorry, dumb question, was that aimed at me or Rex?

Anyway, was originally gonna edit my other post for this, but small update for my genesis project.

-Midnight Freeze, Sunken Plant, and Prismatic Angel have all been redone due to me finally finding out how to add to soundfonts, and as such, some parts have better instuments and the drum set in the GenesisSF is now more complete, meaning more accurate percussion tracks
-Added a MKBZ3 track in support of LMKBZ3 in the SRB2Hub mod

b6X1kBI.png

this is pain

Sorry, dumb question, was that aimed at me or Rex?

Anyway, was originally gonna edit my other post for this, but small update for my genesis project.

-Midnight Freeze, Sunken Plant, and Prismatic Angel have all been redone due to me finally finding out how to add to soundfonts, and as such, some parts have better instuments and the drum set in the GenesisSF is now more complete, meaning more accurate percussion tracks
-Added a MKBZ3 track in support of LMKBZ3 in the SRB2Hub mod

You are good. Your posts were perfectly fine.

On another note, I am looking forward to hearing how these pieces turned out. I am especially looking forward to hearing Sunken Plant.

You are good. Your posts were perfectly fine.

On another note, I am looking forward to hearing how these pieces turned out. I am especially looking forward to hearing Sunken Plant.

Just go to the link in my signature, there are MP3's for all my SRB2 genesis tracks in the "Newer Mixes" folder shown. Also in it are archived versions of my older themes, in case someone finds they like an older mix of mine better than a newer one, such as if someone ends up finding my ACZ1 V.2 theme better than my ACZ1 V.3 theme.

Also, for that new Sunken Plant, it's V.2 for the new one.

Also, a wad for it is currently uploading, but dropbox is painfully slow for wads, so it currently says 1 hour left, but it will more than likely not last as long. I also hope to try and release it like Blue Warrior's SRB2 remastered soundtrack, but I seem to not be on the Tor whitelist yet, as I still have problems uploading, so maybe LoganA just hasn't seen my message to him yet.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back