• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

HellHawk's Hellacious Hellzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what exactly is the plan for weapon/ammo pickups?

The same way Doom did it, drops from enemies upon death, or picked up from the map
Weapons.png

Last edited:
The holy water pickups from Doom are going to replace the rings and medikits/stimpacks replace ring monitors, right? Are you planning to replace badniks with demons?

I know it's not really required, but I'm still super iffy about the lack of percentages on the end of your health and armor. It's probably nothing worth noting though, since they were removed to make room for that fancy emerald slot (strangely in an H shape, but that's only because the honeycomb shape simply looks too weird shrunk down).

I too think you need to put the percent signs on the end, just to make it look more like the original.

Clips.gif
Not a lot of progress in terms of gameplay, I spent most of my time rewriting the code so that it would be more efficient. I succeeded at doing that tho, so I can continue working on gameplay now.

SRB2 Enemies will be buffed a bit so that it's not too easy to kill them, however there will also be an add-on which replaces badniks with doom enemies

Last edited:
Die One Thousand Deaths

Also, since Doomguy does not go into temp-invincibility frames you can keep shooting him repeatedly, because of this, you will only be awarded 5 points for each shot
This seems like a horrible idea, since he'll still be hard to hit in the first place. Perhaps give different point values depending on the weapon, mapping to how much damage you'd think it would do?

Well, this is something I am really excited for, its really exciting to see something like this being done, the one thing that bugs me from what I have seen so far is the pistol, why did you use the 2 unused frames from the original pistol? It makes it look weird, and unless you do some tweaking to the alignment of the sprites and how they go trough and all, it will look weird, specially after playing doom for so long.

Wait a second... this could actually be Sonic Doom 3! *gasp*

Also this will stop me from playing vanilla srb2.

It was just the Doom guy shooting the other Doom guy for a bajillion damage, instantly dying, and losing one more life for every damage point taken (while already dead), making the lives counter wrap around a few times.

Update post, whee

vjtszbpzwy.gif

not sure if you can tell but they also have health now

izarkwhrwg.gif

ufprwsjznw.gif

hnduqzqbya.png

ddppoxpwcv.png

ufsrbbzagc.png

qjdbxgzrpz.png

ntrgnhavpi.png

Perhaps give different point values depending on the weapon, mapping to how much damage you'd think it would do?

That's what I intend to do, yes.
Weapons that fire bullets which travel instantly will give lower points, especially the chaingun, which is pretty much an automatic rail

It'd be nice if I could still see the gif :<

I updated the URL for you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back