• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

chi.miru's project/lua/resource thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my, I can just imagine that with this, we could make levels bigger than 4 Neo Aerial Gardens stitched together.

Are you actually. Hotswapping maps with a seamless transition. Is that what I'm seeing here.

EDIT: Does it carry over object states other than the player's? If you're fighting a boss, will it show up in the same position in the same attack phase with the same hitpoints? Not that it has to, this is amazing
Psst.
<Nev3r> It's pretty fucking simple though
<Nev3r> You use a reference point to copy from/paste to the xyz relative offsets
<Nev3r> The rest of player attributes are copied entirely
<PrimeV2> it's less that player info is preserved, and more that the switch appears instantaneous that's impressive
<Nev3r> And in map load you check if you've been teleported via linedef lua wrapper
<Nev3r> Ah
<Nev3r> Well, you'd expect that to happen
<PrimeV2> because you're right, keeping player position and momentum IS simple
<Nev3r> It is a custom blank fade
<PrimeV2> .
<PrimeV2> wait
<PrimeV2> that's softcoded?
<Nev3r> Yes
I'm not acquainted with the specifics of implementation so I can't give a tutorial or anything, but there's nothing to wait for. You can just out and do it in vanilla 2.1 right now.

Seeing new boundary-pushing technical wizardry like this really makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, lol.

Last edited:
You literally just make a single lump named FADE##00 and leave it blank. That's all you need to do.

There's probably lots of interesting effects you could make by having fades that don't finish with a full-white frame.

I suppose the next thing we need would be real time level totals. Combine that with this and we can have S3&k Style level transitions.

Ooo... i really want to know this works!

What i see from it is that looks sorta like tag but the person who has the ruby longest, wins. I have no clue but it looks awesome

Oh my, that's an interesting take on the Tag gamemode. I'm digging it, especially because of that beautiful Mania music. Makes everything much more tense.

I love the idea of this, but I need to know one thing:

Can we warp between maps with the ruby??? That would be AMAZING.

Anyways, looking forward to this, and I'll be keeping an eye on this topic for the release of the gamemode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back