2014, the Year of 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Meadow Match could use a few minor tweaks in design, but otherwise it's a pretty good map.

No. Too many people like the stage for the Dev's to get rid of it. It was remained one of the most popular match stages of all time.

That's still not a real reason to not get rid of Meadow Match Zone if they were planning to.

Plus to me, Meadow Match Zone is over rated because it's easy to hit players with the Rail Ring and other items plus the design is bland and outdated much like Green Flower Zone as in it's current 2.0.X state.

Meadow Match isn't going anywhere because it serves a very vital function.

It allows new players to ease into Match mode.

It has everything players need to know to get used to in a match stage. And is easy to practice in.

It also makes all the current flaws with SRB2's multiplayer modes even more blatant than usual while Jade Valley also does a very good job at the same task of learning how to play.

BUT sryder13 you have to take into account, its not that hard to get a little lost or disoriented in jade valley, you may not think so, but imagine this was your first EVER time in match, or srb2 as a whole.

Whereas meadow match is basically an open box with everything in it, it may not be more to the advanced match players tastes, but for a rookie, its a nice 'tutorial' match stage.

Nice to know that I get to be the retard of the day. I still think we shouldn't block 2.0.7 on 2.1's release, if nothing but because the netcode is so rubbish and I'm SURE we'll have issues on release as we always do.

It's cool Mystic, we all make mistakes sometimes, Especially me.
Though I appreciate you facing it, to unban me.

I'll try not to be so annoying sometimes.
No hard feelings.

BUT sryder13 you have to take into account, its not that hard to get a little lost or disoriented in jade valley, you may not think so, but imagine this was your first EVER time in match, or srb2 as a whole.

Whereas meadow match is basically an open box with everything in it, it may not be more to the advanced match players tastes, but for a rookie, its a nice 'tutorial' match stage.

As a tutorial match stage it will usually fail anyway because they will be being hit so much by better players that they can't gain much from the experience.
It could work if they went through it by themselves I suppose, but the same applies to any stage, since you aren't time limited in that situation.

Even if you aren't time limited... you may not find weapons in more complex stages due to not knowing the layout, with meadow match, there is no layout TO learn, so finding weapons and experimenting with them isn't a chore for a rookie.

Its not perfect I agree, but if you don't like meadow match, the reality is that nobody is forcing you to play it. its there for the people that want/need it, if thats not you, simply pick another one, i know you can't if your not host, but thats life at times, sometimes i get a map i hate in a game, but i play, because somebody else wants it and I'll get my pick next time.

Like Green Flower Zone, you can make a stage of around equal size, intent, and simplicity, while making it not outdated purely-nostalgic garbage.

To be honest, Meadow Zone has been around for so many years, removing it would be a real shame. I mean its not like SRB2 the only game in history to keep a huge open stage for snipers am I right? Meadow Zone holds the nostalgic feeling. As well a great level for new comers for the game. (I will admit, the stage is overly played at times.) But oh well, it still holds a good place in the level brackets.

A good portion of this community has a real problem with sheer nostalgia holding more weight than actual legitimate reason. I won't go off-topic and name a few examples, but I will mention that it just sort of proves my point.

If anything they should make Meadow Match Zone better designed. I have been with SRB2 for at least three years and I find no joy whatsoever when someone turns on Meadow Match Zone everytime they switch game modes and then proclaiming that they are the best in Match. I mean it's just a square area with a few platforms, get a grip.

Last edited:

A good portion of this community has a real problem with sheer nostalgia holding more weight than actual legitimate reason. I won't go off-topic and name a few examples, but I will mention that it just sort of proves my point.

You have a point, but we all share our own opinions. I'll have to agree that this community does take Nostalgia to a whole new level though.

If anything they should make Meadow Match Zone better designed. I have been with SRB2 for at least three years and I find no joy whatsoever when someone turns on Meadow Match Zone everytime they switch game modes and then proclaiming that they are the best in Match. I mean it's just a square area with a few platforms, get a grip.

If somebody claims to be the so called "Best" then you should ignore it, because that word in this game has pretty much no meaning.

Also the level could have a few fix ups here and there. But honestly, its an old level. I don't think anyone gonna work on it anytime soon at all.

This game is over fifteen years old. I'd be surprised if this wasn't the case.
That's like 3 years younger than me... wait...

...Whoa! Holy-Christ-on-a-godly-bike, fifteen whole years!
That's old for a multiplayer game, and I've seen my handful of the same kind being discontinued/dying in less than 3!

Devs, I simply have to ask, where do you pull all this resolution from for an entirely free game?

Even if you aren't time limited... you may not find weapons in more complex stages due to not knowing the layout, with meadow match, there is no layout TO learn, so finding weapons and experimenting with them isn't a chore for a rookie.

If it isn't a time limited situation, enough searching and experimentation WILL get you to the weapon panels eventually. You'd need to learn where they're placed anyway to be able to play online, no reason not to start in a map that isn't a single square box.

Meadow Match serves its purpose as a warm up map and as a training map for total newbies.

Personally, I don't ever run the thing anymore on the rare instances when I play online. And that's the beauty of it. If you don't like it, don't choose it.

Now granted, if you join someone's game and they keep picking it, that's a problem. In which case host your own match. People will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back