tumblr_nmluj7H3Xd1t3i6elo3_1280.png

tumblr_nmluj7H3Xd1t3i6elo4_1280.png

tumblr_nmluj7H3Xd1t3i6elo1_1280.png

tumblr_nmluj7H3Xd1t3i6elo7_1280.png

tumblr_nmluj7H3Xd1t3i6elo2_1280.png

tumblr_nmluj7H3Xd1t3i6elo5_1280.png

tumblr_nmluj7H3Xd1t3i6elo6_1280.png

Relevant. -ish.

In other news, four more days until Diddy Kong gets butchered. Oh boy oh boy.

Last edited:
I voted for the Smash Ballot, two times. Isaac from Golden Sun and Crono from Chrono Trigger.

I made a Mii sword fighter of Crono a while back, doesn't look exactly like him, but with the limitations of the mii characterization, this is pretty good:

20150412_163951.jpg

20150412_164834.jpg

Last edited:
GGs to CobaltBW :)
Pretty sure I found you on FG just now. You played Fox and I played a bunch of different characters. Jr, Rosalina, Palutena, G&W, ending with Zard. Mii Name was Luke and tag was Puppyluvv.

Oh hey, yeah! GGs. As you can probably tell I was trying to get better with Fox. I'm so bad at teching though, it makes me sad.

Yeah. You never teched anything so I abused that as much as I could xD

Your playstyle was so awkward though. I had trouble figuring out your movement.

At some point I was intentionally putting myself into situations where I could get spiked off the wall because I wanted to try and walltech, but it wasn't happening. I'd practice offline if I had anyone competent to play against.

Also, a majority of my unpredictability comes from either sloppy input precision or me remembering that I can do other stuff.

"Tech" is the term used for rebounding gracefully off of a surface rather than sliding or bouncing off of it. You do it by holding the shield button a split second before colliding with the surface.

Teching is important in certain situations, especially offstage; if you're recovering offstage, your opponent can potentially slam you into the wall or underside of the stage, where you will bounce off and plummet to your death. Teching the wall prevents this from happening.

I'm so bad at teching though, it makes me sad.

No worries, bruh. I used to not even know teching EXISTED in the Brawl days, but when Smash 4 was out, I taught myself how it worked, and now I'm a pro. I suck at stuff like "reading" and "mind games", though.

So I got the DLC (apart from the costumes, because screw those) and tried it all out. I'm enjoying the new stages (man, that Street Fighter II one is beautiful in 3D) but Jesus Christ, the overall price is just ridiculous. I could easily buy about 8 - 9 virtual consoles games for the cost of 3 DLC fighters + 2 stages + all the other mii stuff. Thanks Nintendo...

Ryu's a fantastic punisher and has a huge variety of arsenal to take people down with. I do find certain button commands a bit flimsy at times, seeing as some matches I played him I tried to do a certain command, and that command somehow ends up being a side special, plunging right off the stage. That's happened several times. I'm also surprised how light he is (not as light as Mewtwo, but not as heavy as I thought), otherwise, great fun to play.

Lucas is pretty much the same as in SSBB, only to have some reanimations, and PK Freeze + Up Smash is OP as fuck. The knockback and the killing potential is insane. I wouldn't be surprised if it's not far off the level of Kyurem's Glaciate in terms of knockback power. He has some nice moves to follow up with some good combos though.

Roy is actually one I didn't really have much excitement for. Sure I downloaded him and gave it a shot, but he's okay in my opinion. But god, I don't know how people get instantly good as him. That sweetspot of his has some insane launch and killing power and his meteor smash hurts....a lot. I like his version of critical hit though. It makes it stand out from the rest. I feel Roy plays easier in terms of handing and fighting this time rather than melee. Maybe because I never played as him.

The Street Fighter II stage is awesome. Beautiful graphics and great soundtrack. It's great to hear those old tracks again. It's nice to see Dreamland 64 again, nothing too interesting though. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes up soon, but lower those costs because although there's a lot of the content being showcased, having a total price near £20 for that alone is just ridiculous.

A lot of the cast has had some nerfs and buffs as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back