Srb2 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is an excellent demonstration on how much everybody's different skills go into each level. It is why I don't really want to start attributing levels to specific developers any more than you already can by matching style to designer... because what makes SRB2's levels excellent is the fact that they are, in some way, a result of collaboration.

This is also the reason why we don't tell you who made what. The reality is that every level in SRB2, even the ones that were predominantly made by a single person like ACZ1, had a lot of people involved in their production.

I wouldn't say every level... but for the great majority of them, yes, that's the case.

I tought he wasn't even on the mb. Anyways, will we are talking about levels, I forgot. That ACZ1 road that can be found by nocliping, why is that there and what was his original concept(s)?

I believe that ACZ1 road will be a part of ACZ2. Why? Doesn't ACZ1 end with a tunnel? So ACZ2 will start with a tunnel.

Sonikku used to draw out maps in MSPaint, listing the floor/ceiling heights, and where he wanted important items. I would then take these maps and build the level, usually in DCK 3.62.

Some notable anecdotes...

GFZ1 is actually the original GFZ1 and GFZ2 put together, and an extension added on (it originally ended at the spikes - see Demo 1).

THZ1 is quite a bit bigger (originally it ended at the long hallway halfway through the map, then we extended it, then I added on the factory bit at the end). Originally, the steam pipes were four multicolored fan platforms.

The original THZ2 was totally scrapped. If you come across it, you'll understand why. The railing texture in modern-day THZ2 was a few of the survivors.

DSZ2 is a combination of:
*) Very old DSZ1 by Sonikku
*) My own DSZ1 using a new motif that most of can be seen in the SAGE 2000 video. This set the tone for the level's future direction.
*) A new MSPaint map by Sonikku and mapped out by Mystic (the waterslides at the end of the level come from this).

CEZ1 contains some elements from one of the other DSZ maps that Sonikku made - the one room with the broken fountain and some castle ruins. This is the only level whose base layout was drawn out by Mystic, and is why we don't let him make any more single player maps (hur hur we love you, Mystic). Of course, I was the one that made it into a map, so there must be enough fault to go around...

RVZ1 is arguably quite intact from its original version. Some of the layout shows its age, but I think it works pretty well for the most part. Nev3r did a great job at making this map look more awesome.

ERZ1 contains some elements from the original old map (large windows on the sides, red and yellow caution stripes, crushing stuff).

The 'secret' road in ACZ1 is just part of the many experiments that Nev3r was doing with the map. At one time there was also some kind of train track sequence.

Last edited:
The 'secret' road in ACZ1 is just part of the many experiments that Nev3r was doing with the map. At one time there was also some kind of train track sequence.

It also remains as an element of the level that we were toying with, but we never ended up using. There used to be tons of these scattered around the outskirts of ACZ1, ERZ1, and ERZ2 -- all of which were either integrated into its respective stage, or removed from the WAD to allow us to experiment and/or implement it in future level iterations. We simply forgot to purge that small area of ACZ1.

Maybe -- just maybe -- I'll dig up and showcase some of these old ACZ1 remnants/betas for a future blog feature. Who knows...

Last edited:
Kyllian1212, Zim is in 2.0. The zim11.wad & zim.dta. While I'm on this subject, why does saknux & Sonicdx.wad now have 11 like this? Sonicdx11.wad Saknux11.wad.
If it has 11 at the end, I converted it for Srb2 2.0!
It's just 11 because i thought it was Srb2 1.1 but it was really 2.0.
EDIT: BTW, will there actually be 3.0? Or will it just go up to 2.something?

Last edited:
If it has 11 at the end, I converted it for Srb2 2.0!
It's just 11 because i thought it was Srb2 1.1 but it was really 2.0.
EDIT: BTW, will there actually be 3.0? Or will it just go up to 2.something?
I also ported him myself once. But I wasn't aware that there was already a port of him at the time. I also added a 11 seeing so many other ports having an 11 at the end. :< Sucks that Zim is unfinished..I wonder if someone will finish him.

I think by the time the very last and final version of Srb2 should be called Srb2. No numbers, no dots, nothing. Just Srb2.

Well there is still a lot to make right?

Levels, enemies, bosses, linedefs, ect.

...and it seems theres usually 1-2 years between most main versions.
2.1 is probably coming.

^^ Bump. :D ^^

I saw something similar to the ACZ road in DSZ1. Here:
srb20061.png

This room is direcly under the real exit, found by noclipping through
srb20062.png

this wall.

(another angle)
srb20063.png

It's right under the real exit.
srb20064.png

What's the point of this room?

EDIT: Sorry for the wierdness in the pictures; my screenshots always glitch for some reason. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back