Updated Wads possibly not asked permission for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goddratini

I was not sure where to put this, so, someone updated a bunch of RE wads(amyRE, Sonic RE, Shadow, Blaze, ect.) and checking this MB and the Wadbase MB, no info has been released. So I think they did not have permission to update. It's on FawfulFan's 4Shared account(other people can upload on their), so if Fawful reads this, you might want to take it down.

This only applies to the MB and WADBase rules, not everywhere.

Besides, if it was someone like Dr. Pepper, who's been gone for at least a few months now, I could see why someone else would port them.

Actually, this does occur, to an extent. There's not really a whole lot that can be done about it; wads don't exactly have much security on them. For example, while joining random servers today, I somehow picked up 3 different Amy character wads. One still uses the 1.09.4 pallete (AmyRE.wad), one has Amy with a slow thok and spindash (Amy.wad), and the last one has nospinjump, Amy holding her hammer out beside herself while she runs, and a double jump ability (AmyRose.wad).

Perhaps one of the most frustrating things about all of this (to me, anyways) is that none of these wads are in the Releases forums. We're trying to build a centralized location for people to get all the wads they need to play SRB2, but it won't work unless people use it!

Amy holding her hammer out beside herself while she runs, and a double jump ability (AmyRose.wad).

Actually, Dr. Pepper has released his 2.0 converted characters. So the AmyRose.wad I got was from the zip, the one you picked up was probably from it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back