Sepwich has Been Hacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not hacking Sepwich, that's hacking Conic and DarkKitsune's insecure account details, it doesn't take a genius to get into an FTP account via brute force or other means.

Script kiddies aren't hackers, just lucky.

fawfulfan said:
Still, though, it's not a good thing, eh?

It's their own damn fault for not securing their account details properly, if they had used better password they wouldn't have had that trouble.

This hacker sucks. I would have taken the entire thing down and redirected everything elsewhere by now.

Pathetic hacker is pathetic. :(

My account has been DELETED. I had to evade 2 times to try to get to the bottom of it. I think the hacker's username is "HappyLithium"

For all I'm concerned, it's probably just a silly moniker the hacker chose to increase the nonsense factor of the forum. I've said this on IRC already, but let the professionals sniff him out.

Spiderpig said:
My account has been DELETED. I had to evade 2 times to try to get to the bottom of it. I think the hacker's username is "HappyLithium"

And you got that from what?

Yeah, I found out myself. Oddly enough, I couldn't have logged on anyway, because I had just changed my password and apparently spelled it wrong both times.

So what should we do? Should we move back to the old one for an interim location?

Honestly, it's attention seeking, and the best thing you can do is realise how pathetically easy what he's doing is. It's not hard to get into an account, most Sepwich users won't even use decent passwords. Like I said, script kiddy, a decent hacker would have the entire Sepwich domain down by now.

Um, now the guy's just being entertaining. He keeps increasing the size of his "username's" text, and he just added a "warning".

It says, 'this message board has no forums' on the Index, and 'this topic does not exist' for that info topic. Is this just me?

Cue said:

HappyLithium belongs to the WadBase staff? Because I saw HappyLithium user name in bold and yellow letters.

In other news, weak passwords are weak.

Let this be a lesson to everyone. Use passwords that have lower case, upper case, and numbers, and make sure you're not using words that can be obtained via a dictionary test.

This is not a hacker, and I don't see the issue here. We don't need to discuss the exploits of someone with a lot of time on his hands and the ability to guess weak passwords. Fix your passwords and move on.

While it could well be a case of bad passwordism, I have just been informed that it's possible to access database information on other Sepwich accounts. I won't go into details about how, because that would be silly, but I suggest those with precious data on Sepwich keep an eye out and protect their configuration files.

That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back