Some help with Lumpmod and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMecha

Okay,
1:when I try to open Lumpmod I see the screen for a second and then it dissapears. This happens whenever I try to open it.
2:Next, I want to know how to make custom textures. And what you guys recommend using to make them.
3:When I open SOCEdit it works fine, but when I select HUD-Coordinates, States, Things, Cutscenes, Sounds, And Level Headers. I get the "Run-time error "53"
File not found" error. Could somebody help me fix this?
4:How do I insert the MAINCFG and OBJCFG?
5:Can I create a 1 Sprite Character? If so, Do I have to insert the MAINCFG and OBJCFG into it to make it work?
6: How do I create a Map_Header in XWE?

You could, but you would need to make the lumps all show the same sprite. It is generally considered poor work though.

Actually, It would be for test running. Mostly custom abilitys and some more.
But I still need help with the Lumpmod question

You have to access Lumpmod using command prompt. Its probably easier to use XWE or SLumpED for lump management. Just have a create a new lump called MAINCFG and type the information needed for the map header. There is srb2 wiki article about what to put in the map headers.

SuperMecha said:
Oogaland. I read that and I still couldn't get it to work.
I really want to add my map headers into the wad.
Let's say you've got Lumpmod installed in C:\Program Files\Lumpmod. Also, we'll assume you have a wadfile called mywad.wad, and the contents of your MAINCFG lump in maincfg.txt, both in a Wads subdirectory of My Documents. I'll also assume your username is User 1. So, changing these as appropriate, you would type something like the following at the command prompt:

Code:
cd "C:\Documents and Settings\User 1\My Documents\Wads"
"C:\Program Files\lumpmod.exe" mywad.wad add MAINCFG maincfg.txt

SuperMecha said:
Actually, It would be for test running. Mostly custom abilitys and some more.
But I still need help with the Lumpmod question
I use a duplicated Tails.plr to test things. My test wad's special frames are replaced with numbers, too.

Sonicandtails218 said:
Lumpmod is outdated. Use either XWE or the buggy and unsupported but possibly workable SRB2WE.

Lumpmod is not outdated, it's just commandline-based. SRB2WE is outdated O_o.

I still use Lumpmod. The beauty of it is that it doesn't do anything for you, so it can't possibly become outdated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back