Hiking

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronin sanji

I just came back from a 4 hour hike. Lately me and my friends have been exploring the eldorado wilderness area. (It's quite fun actually)

Anyway, if you hike, where do you do it and who do you do it with?

I haven't gone on a hike in a long time. But if we do I will hike with my family. There are 4 DAY (YES!) Hikes in the mountains. Me and my dad went on a few minute hike through a little forest where we went for a picnic. I got to pet fungi. It felt like a carpet! I will update this post when I go for a hike.

Within twenty miles of my house there are six mountains. Me and my friend Niels have concoured two of them. We are planning on concouring the third tomorrow. (one of em's more than 15 miles from my house though, so were saving that one for last.)

I'm such a sucker for a walk in the woods, preferably when it's a semi-moist overcast day.

And I know that isn't hiking, but when you're out in the wilderness with you and a friend, it still feels like a highlight of your life.

I take it that neither of you have had a girlfriend...
It's much more fun walking with your girlfriend than with a friend...
Especially if it's cold ^_~

I Don't wanna go hiking :eek: I'm Afraid i might fall off a cliff And turn into a pile of Bones and Organs in a Puddle of Blood :eek:

Kusuto said:
I Don't wanna go hiking :eek: I'm Afraid i might fall off a cliff And turn into a pile of Bones and Organs in a Puddle of Blood :eek:
Face it head on. Your just overreacting. Trust me. I am very afraid of hights, But once I faced it I was not afraid anymore. TRUST ME, It is a heck load of fun. :P :P

On my family reunion in Atlanta, Georgia, we climbed Stone Mountain (half by trolley rail), and the rest by foot.

I was paranoid about falling off, so I stayed in the gift shop most of the time.

I we have around here are small woods, creaks, and a whole lot of ditches. And gnats. Lots and lots of gnats.

EDIT: Hey, why is this in general discussion?

Well...

Hiking is awesome if you really get out and do it. ( I feel SOOOOOOO sorry for you peoples who don't like it.) But I live smack dab in the middle of WEST TEXAS! (horrid place especially when you moved from North Texas. :evil: ) But sometimes I get to go to the Grand Canyon. Thats AWESOME!!!!!!

I just go into my canyon in my back yard. There is a gate and every thing ^_^.
I have a fort down there, in side of a huge hallow bush, It's cool. Also, if any of you know where this is in California, I can go down into mission valley and go to burger king from my canyon :mrgreen: .

camo man said:
I simply love hiking. Maybe it's what helps me develop my great track skills.

I'm pretty sure hiking won't help your track skills...maybe it would help you if you did cross-country.

camo man said:
I usually run the 1500 meter, so it does help. It does help me with cross country as well, though.

I do long jump, hurdles, and 100 meter dash...but I also ran cross country this year.

I was just thinking if you're a sprinter hiking won't help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back