Super Smash Bros [Wii U | 3DS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's silly to think that's the case for everyone. Some kids get absolutely spoiled.

That used to be the case for me, like 2-3 games a year. But whenever I asked for a console for Christmas or my birthday, I'd be damned sure my parents would get it. It worked out kind of weird that way.

Anyway, to add my input... I might have to side with Rex. Not for the same reasons, but I'll likely get Smash on 3DS and by the time the Wii U comes out, the version I already own may have satisfied whatever itch I had.
In addition, the 3DS version's psychics could largely be indicative of the Wii U's. If it's floaty or just bad, or if there is just *some* new addition people don't like to the core gameplay, they'll know it's on the console version and could potentially be turned off by it. This COULD be an advantage for Nintendo in that they could address every issue in the console release by paying attention to the player's feedback, but I doubt this will be the case.

I mean, when it comes down to it... I will have already played the game. Maybe not with the same shiny graphics or the same selection of levels, but nevertheless played it. However, I am also not the type to really get into a lot of couch-based multiplayer gaming due to a sparsity of friends, so that is probably also influencing me. If I were, I'm sure that if I liked the 3DS version I'd get the Wii U. Honestly, I'm not sure about what Nintendo's startegy here was. I don't necessarily agree or disagree with it, but their intentions largely elude me.

Last edited:
I used to get like $10 every other month and I'd save it up long before a game released so I could snatch it up day one. It sucked, but it taught me some decent saving habits.

For whatever reason now that I actually have a job I'm less inclined to buy things at release and would rather wait a while for them to fall in price.

Maybe you should start being responsible and save up for this game if that's the issue.

But that brings another issue, I don't ever get any money. Chores are usually 'you do them so you can live here' rather than just profitable. The last time I got a lot of money at home, was last year when we had a garage sale.
Although, my birthday is in 19 days (I'm counting down :P) so maybe I can get those games I've been wanting.

This might come as a great shock, Rex, but many people who play video games, Smash Brothers included, are adults with disposable income that allows them to buy both versions if they want to. I don't think Nintendo is particularly worried about kids wishing they had more money to buy Nintendo products as much as whether or not they spend that money on Nintendo products. Their push for the Wii U is likely going to be for the holiday season, and Smash Brothers's release for the Wii U at that time seems clearly timed with that in mind.

This might come as a great shock, Rex, but many people who play video games, Smash Brothers included, are adults with disposable income that allows them to buy both versions if they want to. I don't think Nintendo is particularly worried about kids wishing they had more money to buy Nintendo products as much as whether or not they spend that money on Nintendo products. Their push for the Wii U is likely going to be for the holiday season, and Smash Brothers's release for the Wii U at that time seems clearly timed with that in mind.

:O
Oh my gosh! I'm so shocked! I didn't know people had jobs! [/sarcasm]
That does make sense though, and I bet a lot more people are willing to buy a Wii U and Smash closer to Christmas.

Meh, Ike. Would have been nice to see someone newer from the 3DS game.

Of course it doesn't stop a third FE rep from being in, but it's all the more unlikely now.

OH really sorry, guys. Anyway Palutena looks awesome and her video is just epic, but that "Mii Fighter" just looks weird I really want to see a gameplay footage of that character because the pictures don't tell anything about how he work.

OH really sorry, guys. Anyway Palutena looks awesome and her video is just epic, but that "Mii Fighter" just looks weird I really want to see a gameplay footage of that character because the pictures don't tell anything about how he work.

You should've seen nintendo direct/E3 if you wanted footage.

You can play as Miis now? That's awesome! I always wanted to see Obama and Chuck Norris fight Mario to the death.

That's what I'm hoping for, I don't see many other random Miis in the game, and I have a feeling they might be the only three Miis in the game. I'll be glad to see our own Miis as playable characters, but doesn't anyone find that a little far-fetched?

I'm really impressed that Super Smash Bros. has Miis now. I'd like to beat the stuffing out of Mario and Sonic. Heheh.

Pretty sure the Miis are customizable due to some pictures having different Miis. Either that or they're alternate costumes. Hopes to the former.

Also, Dark Pit's going to do something in the game (probably being a boss character) and that's got me hyped.

Last edited:
So, uh. Pac-Man's confirmed.

All I can really say is that I'm strangely disappointed that it's not Klonoa. I'm glad the Pac is in, but ugh the potential.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back