• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Entry in the SRB2 Wad Contest

Which category?

• Match

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capture the Flag

• Circut

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Segmint

Ok, I wasn't sure if I should post this inside the topic for the contest, so I decided to play it safe, and create a new topic.

I want to enter, but I'm not sure which category I should enter in...

Can you guys help me decide?

By the way, there's no way I am entering a single player wad, so I just didn't put it on the poll.

(Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I wasn't sure where to put it, so don't be too harsh on me if I've done something wrong.)

After reading the title, I was scared you were going to put up a link for your entry in here. Glad you didn't.

I would just build something that comes to mind. I, personally, don't have any good Match ideas, so I stick to race and CTF for entrys. Of course, that's not to say that I don't major in SP levels......

And I don't know what forum to put this in either, sorry.

Hey! That's not a bad idea! I've never thought about it, but of course I could enter more than one..., I just don't know if I have the time, but I probably do.

Match: It's a battle, duh. Once both flags are taken you have to fight before you can capture your opponents flag. That one's pretty obvious.

Race: Because in order to effectively get the flag you have to get from one base to another before your opponent does.

ronin sanji said:
CTF's almost like a mix between match and race.

Uh, no. It isn't.

Match: Yeah, you're shooting, but the points don't matter, for it's a team effort. The amount of flag captures is what truely counts.

Race: What? How is it in any way, race?

ronin sanji said:
Race: Because in order to effectively get the flag you have to get from one base to another before your opponent does.
This is true, ronin. But I don't really think that it is a mix of both match and race.

Besides, we need more good CTF maps. CTF is a somewhat undervalued gametype at any rate. I've hardly seen Capture The Flag on the Master Server but Match is all too popular. I haven't had a good CTF game in weeks.

Colds suck. Wiiposts FTW. ∞

I'd just go ahead and do Single Player. There have been a loss of interest of making Single Player maps for months now; help it heat back up!

I'd just go ahead and do Single Player. There have been a loss of interest of making Single Player maps for months now; help it heat back up!

EDIT: Urghh....double post. Little help out here, admins?

Boinciel said:
Besides, we need more good CTF maps. CTF is a somewhat undervalued gametype at any rate. I've hardly seen Capture The Flag on the Master Server but Match is all too popular. I haven't had a good CTF game in weeks.

Colds suck. Wiiposts FTW. ∞

That's because the only hoster who's a CTF nerd is me, and my hosting powers aren't great at the moment (need router set up).

You should pick the type of level you are best at making.
If it's CTF, then make a CTF level.
If it's Race, make a race level.
If it's Match, make a match level.

My CTF levels suck, and I wouldn't bother to release them in this forum.
So as my Match and Race Levels.

How about a race map that has three to five different routes for each lap, and each lap has a different theme?

Ooh! Now that's an interesting idea, but I doubt I have enough time to make it good enough to fit the description.

Boinciel said:
Besides, we need more good CTF maps. CTF is a somewhat undervalued gametype at any rate. I've hardly seen Capture The Flag on the Master Server but Coop is all too popular. I haven't had a good CTF game in weeks.

Fixed. :roll:

Uhh, where the hell is the option for "Single Player"? It's easily just as underrated (if not, more) as CTF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back