Internet Explorer 7 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

tails92

Microsoft yesterday released an Internet Explorer 7 Beta.
You can download it from here.

This IE7 beta supports tabbed browsing, finally.

Awww, crap :/ i can't run it on XP SP1 :/, i'll just have to wait till the weekend until i get my SP2 CD, and install IE7B2 on my other (kick-ass) computer :)

I'm just so used to Firefox that I've gotten comfortable with it. Sorry, not interested.

Give me 5 good reasons why I should download it, tabbed browsing notwithstanding.

Hmm, maybe I'll check it out later, but It's still a beta, so I'll wait a little while. :P

Maybe i could tell the technicians at my school about this, hopefully the internet will have game sites unrestricted after that!

i hope.

I checked it out. Quite confusing initially (the "File/Edit/View/Bagel" bar was missing, and I had to explicitly turn it on). PNGs DO work properly now... but animations are STILL in slow-motion. Kinda sucks; I'd hoped that as long as they were updating it, they'd update the animation code to match FireFox's, which plays GIF animations at the proper speed, as opposed to what they HAD had, which plays GIF animations slower than they should be, and gradually slower and slower until the whole thing is literally crawling just prior to the point where it loops, and gets faster again.

For a good example, look at this; it'll remain constant speed on FF, but slow down on IE.

Best YTMND I've seen in a while. Almost makes me want to try playing HL2.

Almost.

I still prefer IE....

This tabbed browsing is good. It took me 5 minutes to figure out how to open the file menu after using IE6 so much XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back