Official Level Design Contest: January/February 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
glaber said:
Glaber base 5 is on hold due to no thing list for the asset pack. So in it's place will be another Glaber Special Stage.

I won't be judging for... obvious reasons, but I will say this: it better not be anything like DimenGlabSpecial!!

Drake Spyker said:
I'm guessing it was a horror on the level of "OH GOD MY EYES"?
Something along those lines. It was more the gameplay that gave it low scores though.

You might be seeing act 2 of Sapphire Coast in this contest. 'Bout time I enter it...

srb20069.png

And yes, that is a custom enemy there.

Most likely. The spring bounces you up, and the only way to kill it is by spindashing.

I just submitted Overheated Zone, my CTF level. The gimmick is that there are a few alternate paths completely submerged in lava. As such, there are five Inferno Shields. I also had to attribute Fire Damage to all the lava, but Returned Dropped Flag to the corresponding in-game sectors. 'Twas the only way I could get my level to work properly *coughunlikeScorchingIceFloecough*.

I had to resend Space Base, because I forgot to put a level header on it last time. Silly me, oh, silly, silly, silly..

Some info on my level I guess, It's a CTF level taking place in one giant base in space, with two smaller bases and a herd of comets/meteor in between. The gravity is just normal, because I know how some people don't like low gravity. The level is going in multiplayer mod, but I just wanted to get some feedback for it. (The level isn't in the beta of the mod's editing topic)

Finally I finished my CTF level, Fort Bowser and I'm very proud of it.
Plus, it's MUCH better than my old, worthless maps, Grey Hill and that 2d CTF level I made and forgot the name of. :P

I don't think any of my planned maps will make it in this time round. My mouse broke, and that's what I primarily use for speedy editing. With this snag in the road, it will take longer for me to make maps.
I need to get a new mouse...

I really haven't worked on any of my own maps since this contest started (largely because I want to get the Best of OLDC out by the beginning of March), so count me out, unfortunately. Perhaps next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back