• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Mudkip Level Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the leader of this pack blatantly fibbed and released an update without the changes he promised, this pack isn't off to a very good start at all.

You see, why release an update that obviously isn't ready to be a proper update? I used to do the same thing, and every single map or map pack that I rushed turned out horrible. If you want this thing to be promising at least a little, then spend more time making sure you're releases are how you want them to be. This means you're going to have to socialize with the other people involved with this mod to make sure they're okay with whatever it is you're doing.

That's all I need to know.
Wait what do you mean?

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

To make up for some pretty sloppy work lately, I went in and made some small little environmental changes in Act 1 and 2. Act 1 it is really apparent and Act 2 I really don't know if there's much I can do now. The third act will receive a new boss next update if snow can finish it and then there's the next zone, Flooded Base. The planned release date, sometime before 2.1

Act 1: You like to hide things and that's VERY good thing.
Another good thing in act 1: You make big rooms. They're cool and wound be great if there would be hilly terrain in all the area. But there wasn't any continuous height changes in the start. They would make level look good and it would be more fun to play.
(Speedrunned in 20s as Sonic)

Act 2: Level was quite hard sometimes. That is great thing. I love hard levels! Many people are afraid to make the levels hard. But it was too narrow sometimes.
I suggest to make all the places at least twice wider than they're now.
(Speedrunned in 29s as Sonic)

Act 3: I liked the first big room with lava and tubes. But the boss fight was a bit boring. There wasn't any special there.
(Speedrunned in 25s as Sonic)

Act 1: You like to hide things and that's VERY good thing.
Another good thing in act 1: You make big rooms. They're cool and wound be great if there would be hilly terrain in all the area. But there wasn't any continuous height changes in the start. They would make level look good and it would be more fun to play.
(Speedrunned in 20s as Sonic)

Act 2: Level was quite hard sometimes. That is great thing. I love hard levels! Many people are afraid to make the levels hard. But it was too narrow sometimes.
I suggest to make all the places at least twice wider than they're now.
(Speedrunned in 29s as Sonic)

Act 3: I liked the first big room with lava and tubes. But the boss fight was a bit boring. There wasn't any special there.
(Speedrunned in 25s as Sonic)

Thank you for your input Ors. The boss fight will receive more changes as the wad updates we just couldn't get it in without delaying the wad for much longer than needed. As for Act 2, I'll try to figure out what I can do. It's flexibility hasn't been the best and I might have to create a new level if I can't fix it. Act 1 may receive little change yet I'll make sure to do what I can. Thanks anyway and lets try to hang out sometime.

Bad News...

Snow will be out of commission for three days. With arthiritis and lupus, he's in the hospital to my knowledge. I'm not sure if its true or not but we just have to go on his word. Lets hope he gets better and just hope nothing goes wrong. In other news, the Flooded Base Zone has been scraped for a new zone, Aquatic Rush. Simply because I've been making thing too hard on myself and over thinking things. This is extremely visible in my work with Crawla Valley, which in later versions, to compicate with the enemy placement and change, will be renamed. Finally, the winter cold in Florida has finally let up! I know this may seem irrelevant but this will affect the progress on the wad. I may be going outside much more and doing many more things. Lets hope Snow gets better and push forward with the wad.

Sorry guys I have to delay the wad update. With Snow been out of commission for 3 days and 2.1 coming out sometime this week, its quite a lot. I'm actually starting to lose interest so I may either drop the project entirely, hand it off, or continue with slow progress. I'm not really sure. As for Aquatic Rush, we've hit a wall. The zoom tubes will not work for the life of me, even though I done it right all the way. Unless I'm missing something, I may have to go get someone to go in and fix it. Sorry for any inconveniences and lets enjoy 2.1.

Ok guys, Im reopening MUDKIPZ_LevelPack, but Im shifting the project to Yacker as the leader itself. I'll give it a quick update and it should be ready in a minute or so.

Last edited:
0HqVGT9.png

RIP, Mudkipz_levelpack...oh, hey, wait. Nevermind, its just another level.

V4zUnqX.png

This sure looks foreboding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back