Reason for your interest in SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My interests?
I would say just playing with other people and having a pretty good time (no complaints from me)
And the other members around here themselves, well some of them. >.>

interests in SRB2:

- Custom maps, skins and socs

- Friendly community (Some of it at least)

- Not uber hard to make stuff for

- A netgame lobby (A.K.A. the master server)

- lots of Mods to the game

- It's a FPS that takes skill (Unlike DooM, Halo series, Etc.)

I'm interested in SRB2, because:
-Even without slopes or loops, it offers a sense of freedom in its level design that only the 2D Sonic games once had, unlike the almost rail-like platforming of the Official 3D Sonic games. I don't care how fun SA2 is, one single path gets boring after a while, at least Sonic heroes offered the lengthiest and best levels I've ever seen in any of the Official 3D Sonic games.
-SRB2 is surprisingly a relaxing game for me to play. After a long or rough day, it's relaxing to playing the Blue Heaven map pack while sitting in a chair with my USB-rigged Xbox controller.
-I also love how customizable SRB2 is. If I get bored of one level pack at the moment, I can load up a different one. If I want to play as a different character, I can make one or download someone else's.
-I've spent more time playing SRB2 map packs than Halo PC(No kidding), and to think it's going to be even better than this when 1.1 is released.
I'm also very interested in maybe making one 4-6 zone map pack once I get the experience, the know-how, and the time, but I'd rather wait until 1.1, when I'll have more options and maybe better level builders to choose from.
-I can work on character WADs and still have a life! lol
zeldagamer00 said:
It's a FPS that takes skill (Unlike DooM, Halo series, Etc.)
Actually, HALO does take skill...lots of it! Have you ever played Legendary mode or online multi-player? (Online players are brutal, they maul me all the time. :P)

To be honest, I rarely play SRB2 any more, the only reason I'm still here is because of the intelligent portion (trust me, it's small) of the community, which is about 90% of #srb2fun...

After reading all of the "only reason I'm here" posts, we can clearly tell that SRB2 is dying.

Chrome the hedgehog said:
After hearing all of the "only reason I'm here" posts, we can clearly tell that SRB2 is dying.
Not exactly. We get new members every day, mostly n00bs :D

People I going to say this once two reasons why I don't play srb2 anymore

1. It too old , bored waiting for final version

2. I'm called a boff by me mates , oh and it crashes my computer lots

Bye Shadow1095 not Hypersonic4ever anymore

Chrome's right srb2 dying so I'm leaving.

Not really, The Admin Zone is a damn intelligent message board, but this may be due to the fact that it's for webmasters, not retarded monkeys with nothing better to do except bitch about the master server being down or how much they hate people who hate SMS/Hetor/etc...

Hypersonic4ever said:
People I going to say this once two reasons why I don't play srb2 anymore

1. It too old , bored waiting for final version

2. I'm called a boff by me mates , oh and it crashes my computer lots

Bye Shadow1095 not Hypersonic4ever anymore

Chrome's right srb2 dying so I'm leaving.

I don't play SRB2 anymore. It just fell the same way as every other game; I just got bored of it. Might give it another go with the advent of the final version.

Also, not playing a game because your "mates" call you a "boff" is a stupid reason.

I can understand the "crashing computer lots", however.

And I highly doubt SRB2 is dying. It takes an age for 1.1 to come out? So what! Duke Nukem Forever has taken over 11 years. In both cases we have proof that actual stuff is being done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back