Port-Forwarding without a router?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But how do I connect my computer?
My computer is in a completely different room!

Ok, you say you have NO router and using a on-the go hotspot provided by the ISP or Company. There is NO way you can host without having a home modem/router. Sorry m8, I know the feeling.

He is right, and i feel sad about it :(, you need a wireless home router, sorry buddy.

From the twenty seconds of using Bing to research it, I'm pretty sure that if you have access to XFinity wifi in your home, you have a router. The issue about not having a router is only a thing if you're using a public hotspot, which DOES have a router but doesn't allow you access to it for security reasons.

From the twenty seconds of using Bing to research it, I'm pretty sure that if you have access to XFinity wifi in your home, you have a router. The issue about not having a router is only a thing if you're using a public hotspot, which DOES have a router but doesn't allow you access to it for security reasons.

Okay, let me explain. There are some parts of America or Other countries that offer FREE WIFI to those who HAVE a subscription to the Company. It mainly applies for Optimum wifi, most common out there. And since I live in New Jersey, Or rather the East Coast, There's more of these "hotspots." So you can access these hotspots as long as you have an account and it's paid to use wifi. You really don't need a Router/modem at home to use internet if that Hotspot is near you.
Make sense?
And since it's basically a public access point, There's no PF for these "hotspots"

Okay, let me explain. There are some parts of America or Other countries that offer FREE WIFI to those who HAVE a subscription to the Company. It mainly applies for Optimum wifi, most common out there. And since I live in New Jersey, Or rather the East Coast, There's more of these "hotspots." So you can access these hotspots as long as you have an account and it's paid to use wifi. You really don't need a Router/modem at home to use internet if that Hotspot is near you.
Make sense?
And since it's basically a public access point, There's no PF for these "hotspots"

So, no hosting servers?

I'm confused as to how it's possible to be a subscriber without paying for a package that puts a router in your home, but either way that sounds terrible.

I'm confused as to how it's possible to be a subscriber without paying for a package that puts a router in your home, but either way that sounds terrible.

It is horrible, but... The wifi's at least pretty fast. I don't use it, but used to.

I know this is a pretty old post, but I feel I didn't give enough info.
I didn't really know a thing about xfinity home wifi back then.
I can confirm now that I DO have a wireless router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back