SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Kart Releases & Mods > Levels

Verdant Raceway Details »»
Verdant Raceway
Developer Last Online: Feb 2019

Category: Version: SRB2 Kart Rating: (4 votes - 4.00 average)
Released: 12-03-2018 Last Update: Never Installs: 0
Multiplayer Levels Re-Useable Content

The 2nd track to Snail cup which has got a similar aesthetic as Daytona Speedway.

It's a small, nice 4 lapper with some nice shortcuts that are super helpful.

Enjoy and report bugs and junk to me/here

Music - Knuckles Chaotix - Door into Summer

Some textures and things were used from Texture.kart

Changelog
Spoiler:

V1
- Initial Release

Download Now

File Type: zip KR_VerdantRaceway_v1.zip (764.8 KB, 299 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0024.png
Views:	211
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	14510   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0025.png
Views:	213
Size:	297.9 KB
ID:	14511   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0014.gif
Views:	200
Size:	3.39 MB
ID:	14512   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0018.png
Views:	187
Size:	309.0 KB
ID:	14513  

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 12-04-2018   #2
D00D64
Worst Ranked 'Kart Player

Welcome to releases!
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3
Chrome
Chromatian Kiske

Alright, so, I like this map. It's well-constructed an had a some good texturing, The slope play is also in the same style as Lake Magorite was, which is great...

But the overall design lacks any sort of personality. While the turns are different, there is never much unconscious decision making going on anywhere, it's all the same. Let me elaborate with examples.

Green hills an incredibly simple course with a few unique choice to make while driving. The overhang turn has ramp immediately after the turn directly in the middle. You can go up the ramp, or down either side. Neither has any real drawback or advantage with no items, but throw a banana or a mushroom into the mix, and suddenly you have a shortcut or three good spots for a trap. After the final tunnel, the path splits. The wide roads are easy to drive, and going left lines up for the shortcut, while right lines up for the turn ahead.

Pipe Speedway on the other hand has less choice for the player to make, but more opportunity for speed gains. There's more room for the player to engage with the course itself, rather than just drive well and don't hit the wall or offroad.

I think that's the issue I'm having with this map here. There's just no interaction with the course here you can take advantage of besides the booster. Even the jump ends before anything interesting can happen.

Lastly, your shortcut could use some work. To be specific, it's both hard to enter and hard to exit. A good shortcut is usually difficult to enter (hard to see/ hard to line up a jump) but easy to exit for cutting off time. (Green hills's first shortcut is a good example of this).

All in all it's a well constructed course and is fun to drive, but it's lacking that player interaction that prevents it from really standing out.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4
MK.exe
The one and only!

Thank you for the feedback.

I'll have a look at the layout again and use said example (as well as others) to improve both the shortcut as well as the personality aspect of the level.
MK.exe is offline   Reply With Quote