SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Characters

Tails Guy: Shooter of all the things! Details »»
Tails Guy: Shooter of all the things!
Version: 1.1, by Tripel the fox (Community GU GU GUUUUU~) Tripel the fox is offline
Developer Last Online: Sep 2017

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (7 votes - 4.29 average)
Released: 01-19-2016 Last Update: Never Installs: 1
Characters Scripts Sprites/Graphics

You were probably expecting DooM Guy to happen first.

Dispite being Tails and DooM Guy rolled into one, Tails Guy has the exact same move set DooM Guy would have.

As seen in the screenshot, Tails Guy has a health bar. He takes 10 damage from everything except rockets, which he takes 20 damage from.

Of course, since he takes more from DooM guy than Tails, he has to have guns to shoot people with! He has 3 weapons: the shotgun, the rocket launcher, and the chain gun.
  • The shotgun is binded to custom 1. It's the most generic thing ever though.
  • The rocket launcher is binded to custom 2. It works exactly like it did in DooM, except Tails Guy (and any other player, so long as they're angled right) can rocket jump by getting hit in the blast radius.
  • The chain gun is binded to custom 3. It works exactly like the shotgun, but it rapid fires at the cost of slowing you down.

I guess that's about it. Enjoy!
Oh yeah, and also the status bar faces are made by Maximus Universal. So thanks to him for that.

Edit: Updated Tails Guy to 1.1. Also now there's a change log so you can see what's changed.
Spoiler: Change log

• Added the wepswitch comand. It changes weapon switching/firing settings
  • Fixed a bug with rockets not making other Tails Guys lose their emeralds/flags/ect.
  • Release

Download Now

File Type: zip TailsGuy_1.1.zip (490.6 KB, 2866 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20002.gif
Views:	1620
Size:	5.04 MB
ID:	7278   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20003.gif
Views:	1334
Size:	4.80 MB
ID:	7279   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20004.gif
Views:	1191
Size:	2.46 MB
ID:	7280  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 02-17-2016   #22
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

it's just a visual gag

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016   #23
ManimiFire
Meow Motherfuckers.

This wad is so XD!
ManimiFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016   #24
Blaze The Cat
& Knuckles

I hope you didn't forget about split-screen! Some of us still play it, you know...
Blaze The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016   #25
daverich200

Is this supposed to be guns from doom? nice job I love the way you have tails and everything

Sent from my STUDIO X PLUS using ********
daverich200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016   #26
Luky95

I've got to say, that was one of the most fun I've ever had playing SRB2.
The race and the fight against Metal Sonic were definitely the most difficult parts, barely made it through the race with 2 seconds and 20 health to spare.

I got a small bug report too, so this post isn't a complete waste:
Looks like you can destroy monitors with your projectiles even if they're far above or below the actual monitor.

Honestly was the only reason I was actually capable of beating the race.
Luky95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016   #27
frozenLake

I'm... pretty sure that might be intentional? Due to the quirkyness of aiming in the original doom.
frozenLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016   #28
RetroRampage
Video Game Youtuber

This wad was so much fun, and trying to figure out ways to beat the level, while also having to watch your health so you don't die from your own rockets, it basically turns the game into "beat the level with as little rocket jumps as you can" and I LOVE it.

I nearly beat the entire game with this wad, I wasn't able to pass ERZ1. That one part after the disappearing blocks, the part where you are on a constantly moving platform, and have to duck underneath things. Yeah that's where I lost all of my lives and continues. I know the original doom didn't have it, but I really think you should add a crouching ability. I swear that part you need to be pixel perfect.

Other than that though, this is probably the most fun I've had in SRB2's single player since I first played it almost ten years ago.
Old 11-30-2016   #29
MrMcLime
Real Adventurer

So uh... I died in a special stage... not failed, died. The timer stopped, too, so I had to quit. I would've been annoyed if it hadn't surprised me so much that I found it funny.

Other than that, I dig it. I do have to agree with Zipper that it'd probably feel better with a dedicated fire button, but as it is, it's fairly easy to adapt to. Rocket jumping on the other hand... I dunno, to me it feels just a tad off. Still, it's a lotta fun to run around shooting badniks with a shotgun. Nice work!
Old 12-26-2016   #30
Boo
Spikes The Echidna

Well, This is one heck of wad. I Liked it. But the super Form Looks Weird.

Actually my goal is to fill every single thread i post in with laughs.
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016   #31
Neo the Hedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Well, This is one heck of wad. I Liked it. But the super Form Looks Weird.
Yeah, i thought the super form looked weird too, i literally asked myself "what is THIS?!", until i realized it was actually CyberDemon with Tails's Tails and head.
Old 02-16-2017   #32
CowboyJoseph64
why does this account exist

I played through with this, and it was extremely fun while it lasted...
how in the holy mother of hell did you get past castle eggman act 1??? I wasn't using OpenGL granted, but still...

Some other suggestions as well:

-I feel like rockets should be able to bust breakable walls, it prevents tails guy from getting certain secrets everyone else can.

-the slime in techno hill can screw you over sometimes, is there a way to have the rockets collide with the slime? It's still possible as is, but it's rather tricky.

-maybe lose rings? Because it's currently easy to get lives from rings... but I can see how that would be impossible to pull off, since the health would increase every time you collected a dropped ring. I dunno.

-these are nitpicks... 1, toggle off chasecam automatically? 2, make a version without the whole tails thing. I don't care too much really, but I can imagine that turning off some people.

I apologize if I came off as a dick, I didn't mean to.

Last edited by CowboyJoseph64; 02-16-2017 at 08:14 AM.
CowboyJoseph64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017   #33
MarioFreak2001
The Cyan Knux

The perfect wad for match. Well, if everyone is Tails Guy.