SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Characters

Shadow The Hedgehog Details »»
Shadow The Hedgehog
Version: 2.1.14, by Speedwagon (likes to assault raccoons) Speedwagon is offline
Developer Last Online: May 2017

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (14 votes - 4.86 average)
Released: 06-26-2015 Last Update: Never Installs: 9
Characters

Hey guys! It's been at least a year since I first started project OWTHEEDGE. I hope you guys have fun with him! :)

Shadow's primary ability is Chaos Control. Use the directional keys to warp in any direction of your choosing. Tap jump while in midair to warp upwards and spin to go downwards. You can use this ability up to two times. You can also use homing attack on enemies when using your primary near enemies. In Match, use Chaos Control to warp away and mindgame your foes.

Another neat feature to note about Shadow is his air-cancel ability. Normally after a chaos control, you are left suspended in the air for about a second. You can cancel this so that you can drop down faster by pressing spin directly after a chaos control!

Shadow has a unique running gameplay. He is not affected by friction and any floor movement of any sort due to him skating/floating slightly in midair. However he's not as easy to control as Sonic now and mastery over skidding can potentially save you from hard platforming segments.

[video]http://giant.gfycat.com/ClosedWeakApatosaur.webm[/video]
oh and when you go super the limit on chaos control is removed.

Many thanks to Motorroach, RedEchidna, and Hellhawk for the spindash and drowning Lua, Jay and Hellhawk for Chaos Control, Larztard for skating SFX, and to Blade for charselect pic.

Download Now

File Type: rar Shadow.rar (223.7 KB, 12769 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20001.png
Views:	978
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	6581  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 06-29-2015   #22
Puppyfaic
*panting sounds*

REALLY not a fan of his back-facing running sprites. He has way too much movement going on compared to almost every single other angle of his running sprites.
Puppyfaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015   #23
J-town
Totally Not Zero

This is actually pretty amazing. Really nice sprite work and a really interesting ability to boot! ;D Though it does end up making the game harder because of it... that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Although, a few glitches I noticed.

1: The Chaos Control ability goes completely wonky when used in certain areas. I noticed this the most in Castle Eggman Act 2, although it happened in plenty of other zones too.

Spoiler: GIF

2: Shadow oddly completely breaks the Metal Sonic fight. The effects seem to be different each time I play, but one time I had Metal Sonic completely freeze whenever I was in the air after using Chaos Control. Another time I had Metal just stay in the corner in his vulnerable frames, completely unable to be hit due to him staying exactly where the electric field is. He never did anything after that, oddly. And another time he just.. dissapeared mid-fight. I can't remember which phase he was on, I just remember that once he was there.. and next he wasn't.

Spoiler: GIF 1

In which Metal Sonic completely disappears.

Spoiler: GIF 2

In which Metal Sonic doesn't start his final phase.

Spoiler: GIF 3

In which Shadow's homing attack glitches and Metal Sonic's final phase goes completely wonky.
Surprisingly, Metal broke OUT of being stuck in the corner this time. Last time, he stayed there forever.

Last edited by J-town; 06-29-2015 at 07:52 PM.
J-town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015   #24
Boinciel
ヒトデパンと奇妙なジャム
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Ross View Post
I just want to point out a very minor error, Shadow's air shoes have an off pixel which changes color with the fur, like here:
No, those are just holes in his shoes.

hubjim
Boinciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015   #25
AozoraJustin
AKA Superjustinbros

This is epic. I look forward to trying it.
AozoraJustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015   #26
742mph
I make Sonic look like me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinciel View Post
No, those are just holes in his shoes.
I don't think the holes are supposed to make Shadow's feet visible through them, though. They are rocket engines, after all.
Old 06-30-2015   #27
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 742mph View Post
I don't think the holes are supposed to make Shadow's feet visible through them, though. They are rocket engines, after all.
He was joking.

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015   #28
Serenity101
My hate is my love

Chaos Controlling into a pulley gets you stuck on it with no ability to jump off.
Old 07-03-2015   #29
Larztard
Yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity101 View Post
Chaos Controlling into a pulley gets you stuck on it with no ability to jump off.
Already made a post about it.
Old 07-04-2015   #30
Trolo Bobo
Get "N" or get out!

I had a lot of fun with this wad. Shadow looks amazing and the chaos control ability is pretty neat. Good job, love it.
Old 07-16-2015   #31
Whackjood
The unreliable joodge
Judge

I am behind the times, I was thinking earlier today "Haha that Shadow wad Speedwagon is working on will never get finished", lo and behold I find this thread and it shuts me up good.

I played through the game earlier with it and I had a lot of fun! Good job.
Although, I do dislike how chaos control and homing attack are mapped to the same command, but under slightly different circumstances. I had plenty of times where I tried to homing attack a badnik/monitor/spring and teleported, or vice versa.

Good art too!
Battlenet tag: Whackjood#2732
fake!fake!
Whackjood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015   #32
MetalKnux101
Iron Claws

Yeah I agree with Whackjood, but at the same time I think it'd be weird if Chaos Control was set to custom 1 or something. I also think Super Shadow is a bit underwhelming in Single Player.
MetalKnux101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015   #33
Whackjood
The unreliable joodge
Judge

Personally, I'd set Chaos Control to the spindash key while in the air. Because then the player can use all of Shadow's abilities without setting up custom keys and it removes the current problem of accidentally teleporting.
Battlenet tag: Whackjood#2732
fake!fake!
Whackjood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015   #34
MetalKnux101
Iron Claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whackjood View Post
Personally, I'd set Chaos Control to the spindash key while in the air. Because then the player can use all of Shadow's abilities without setting up custom keys and it removes the current problem of accidentally teleporting.
No because that'd interfere with the Armageddon Shield and the Whirlwind Shield.
Old 07-16-2015   #35
Larztard
Yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalKnux101 View Post
No because that'd interfere with the Armageddon Shield and the Whirlwind Shield.
You could make it activate the shield ability after the player uses Chaos Control twice.
Old 07-16-2015   #36
MetalKnux101
Iron Claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larztard View Post
You could make it activate the shield ability after the player uses Chaos Control twice.
That is true, but I still don't think it would work very good.
Old 07-17-2015   #37
Larztard
Yeah...

Quote:
That is true, but I still don't think it would work very good.
Use Chaos Control upwards to gain the extra height and then pop the Whirlwind Shield for even more height. What's not to love about that?
Old 07-17-2015   #38
TheXIIIthGuy
SHINING FINGER

Quote:
It already does, for the Whirlwind Shield at least: you can't use Chaos Control to go down and not use the Whirlwind Shield's extra jump (probably makes the Armageddon Shield explode too, haven't tested though).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larztard View Post
Very bad idea. It would lock the player from using the Whirlwind jump/Armageddon blast when he jumps, unless you lock it on the first Chaos Control and unlock it on the second. Still, I don't like this idea since it prevents player from having full control on their actions (and if someone comes with a reply like: "It balances the character", I'll respond with: "Hey, it's a power-up. It's supposed to help you, not hinder you in some way" and "I played Shadow on Match/CTF and I can assure you: Chaos Control is balanced as it is").
I really like the idea of setting it to a custom button, but I admit it would be tedious to configure one, and it's impossible to not have conflicts with other WADs/LUAs who use custom buttons.

Last edited by TheXIIIthGuy; 07-17-2015 at 12:39 PM.
TheXIIIthGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015   #39
Maestro

Personally, I think the best way to handle it would be to change the homing attack to a slow thok instead.

Then there wouldn't be a need to change buttons around, and you'd never homing attack when you want to use chaos control and vise versa.
Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015   #40
Ace Ice
Flob!

Awesome work! Its so much better than ShadowRE and adding super support was a great idea. (Most people don't do that which is really annoying).
Old 08-07-2015   #41
Arcade Gamer
Acts like a mature adult

Funny thing is back in 1.09.4 there used to be a option to let custom characters go super in singleplayer and this was used in nearly every character so it got removed in 2.0
Arcade Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote