SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Characters

Amy (rosy.wad) Details »»
Amy (rosy.wad)
Developer Last Online: Mar 2017

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (10 votes - 4.70 average)
Released: 04-25-2014 Last Update: 08-07-2014 Installs: 12
Characters Scripts

Based off sprites originally made by Chrispy, this version of Rosy has lua abilities loosely based on her gameplay in some of the official games.

The download now also contains a topdown version.

Spoiler: ability list
spin (standing or walking): hammer attack
spin (running): hammer leap
spin or jump in air: hammer air attack
custom1+jump: hammer jump
custom1+spin (on ground): slide
custom1+spin (in air): hammer drop

Download Now

File Type: zip rosy.zip (460.4 KB, 2624 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20000.gif
Views:	3197
Size:	7.01 MB
ID:	4622   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20002.gif
Views:	2325
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	4624   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20001.gif
Views:	2312
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	4665  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 04-29-2014   #62
Katmint

Minor bugfix update. I know you guys are probably tired of downloading this, but the new jump code introduced a few more bugs.

Changelog:
-Fixed Rosy being able to break monitors without using her hammer
-Fixed peelout animation breaking
-Fixed wrong offsets on hanging frames
-Replaced tip in description with something more relevant as the basic shield is unobtainable in vanilla

If you get a crash while trying to add Rosy with another wad, try changing the order you add the wads. It's not a Lua clash, it's a bug in SRB2.

Last edited by Katmint; 04-29-2014 at 07:53 PM.
Katmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014   #63
Goldenhog
Wandering Protagonist

Sorry about that thing earlier, lesson learnt.

Anyway, onto the character herself. As you know, I didn't really like her much at release, but I decided to download the latest version to give it another shot, see how much improved and how much didn't.

Hammer delays were shortened, she got a faster acceleration, the Hammer Attack got buffed, she can now control the height of her jumps, the midair Hammer Attack is now useful, the Hammer Jump got buffed(or at least it feels like it did), Slide and Peelout are now in the same button, Peelout no longer makes no sense, she can now wield the whirlwind shield... all good stuff, I'm impressed!

But there are still some stuff I feel you should look into.
  • First off, the Peelout. Why can't I jump out of it? I accidentally started to charge the thing in ERZ1. Couldn't jump-cancel it while it was charging, so I aimed at a wall and tried to jump right after letting it loose to get control back quickly. Nope, can't do that either. Why?
  • She can't use any Hammer moves during the beginning of the Peelout either, but I can kinda understand why you wouldn't want it to be possible. But just to be sure, this is intentional, right?
  • The controls. They've been reduced from 6 to 5, but they should be simplified some more, if possible. I shouldn't have to change my control layout just to be comfortable playing this one character! Advice from me, take it only if you want to: Move the Hammer Drill to Custom Action 2(as it currently does nothing in midair) and make Amy use her Hammer Leap with Custom Action 1 when going at over half-speed, as it makes no sense to have her running at top speed to then freeze in place to do the normal attack. Boom, she now uses 4 keys.
  • She can't use her Hammer Drill after a Hammer Jump. Is this intentional? If so, why? And I mean it - if this is indeed intentional and not an oversight, I want to know why it was made to be this way, when both of those instruments, when used together, open up many platforming possibilities, adding more depth to her gameplay.
  • She gets a delay after doing her Hammer Twirl. This makes comboing enemies pointlessly harder. Not to mention, in the Sonic Advance games she had no such restriction - as long as you somehow kept yourself in the air you could Hammer Twirl until the cows come home if you felt like it.
  • There's also this annoying damn sweetspot in the way her Hammer Jump works. If you walk slow enough, you won't be able to Hammer Jump, no matter how much you hammer Custom Action 2. I distinctly remember nothing like this being here before, so what happened?
  • Remember the horizontally-moving platform section in ERZ1? Is Amy unable to go through there? This isn't related to anything else, I just want to know if there's a way to squeeze through the walls I'm unaware of. I really like that path and I can't get Amy through :(
I think that's all, if something else pops up I'll either edit it into the bottom of this post or just post it separately.
Goldenhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014   #64
Puppyfaic
*panting sounds*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenhog View Post
[*]Remember the horizontally-moving platform section in ERZ1? Is Amy unable to go through there? This isn't related to anything else, I just want to know if there's a way to squeeze through the walls I'm unaware of. I really like that path and I can't get Amy through :(
Her slide can get her under tight spots.
Puppyfaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014   #65
Katmint

You have a point about not being able to jump out of the peelout charge, especially since you're locked into it for a bit after using it. I'll add that the next time I update this, which is as soon as I can make the collision code on her jump not so dodgy at high speeds.

All attacks are intentionally locked during hammer jump and peelout. Drill actually was on custom 2 air in a prerelease version, but it caused too many testers to accidentally kill themselves by drilling when they meant to hammer jump near a ledge.

I'll mess around with enabling drill during hammer jump, I had to disable it before because it was too buggy.

The hammer jump being unusable while walking slowly isn't intended, I meant for the stationary hammer jump to be used at that point but apparently I forgot to do that.

Hammer leap hasn't been moved to custom 1 mostly because I don't want to replace the safe normal attack with something that might fling the player into a pit if they accidentally use it.

The twirl did have a bit of a delay in Advance IIRC. Either way the delay on mine is a bit long, I'll reduce it.

Last edited by Katmint; 04-30-2014 at 12:33 AM.
Old 04-30-2014   #66
Goldenhog
Wandering Protagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmint View Post
All attacks are intentionally locked during hammer jump and peelout.
Aww, so it IS intentional. OK, I can live with the Peelout disallowing any hammer action, but try enabling the Hammer Twirl and the Hammer Drill during a Hammer Jump. It really opens up many new possibilities, as players can use the environment, the enemies and careful timing to reach great altitudes, fly over hazards and uncover new shortcuts.

Quote:
I'll mess around with enabling drill during hammer jump, I had to disable it before because it was too buggy.
YES, PLEASE. The version I whipped up earlier had no bugs with enabling both at the same time, you just need to set a small delay so that the drill isn't activated the same tic the player wants to hammer jump.

Quote:
Hammer leap hasn't been moved to custom 1 mostly because I don't want to replace the safe normal attack with something that might fling the player into a pit if they accidentally use it.
Eh, I wouldn't worry about that if I were you. I mean, her ingame description already describes her as a very difficult character to play as, so if people are just carelessly screwing around with her hammer instead of thinking, then it's their own fault.

Quote:
The hammer jump being unusable while walking slowly isn't intended, I meant for the stationary hammer jump to be used at that point but apparently I forgot to do that.
Quote:
You have a point about not being able to jump out of the peelout charge, especially since you're locked into it for a bit after using it. I'll add that the next time I update this, which is as soon as I can make the collision code on her jump not so dodgy at high speeds.
Quote:
The twirl did have a bit of a delay in Advance IIRC. Either way the delay on mine is a bit long, I'll reduce it.
That's all cool. Amy really is a great character to play as, especially in levels where skillful hammering can save you tons of trouble, like Arid Canyon. Can't wait for her next update!

Also, thanks for the ERZ thing... I spent so much time charging and then canceling a Spin Dash with other characters in that part that I totally forgot that the roll/slide would work OK.
Goldenhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014   #67
Katmint

Another update.

Changelog:
-Fixed a ton of bugs involving Rosy's jump
-You can now jump while charging the peelout to cancel it
-Fixed hammer jump being unusable when barely moving
-Reduced cooldown on air hammer attack to match the ground attack.

Last edited by Katmint; 05-01-2014 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-01-2014   #68
Virt
Trollerskates

Touch-to-pop Monitors cause something to break with Rosy.
Old 05-01-2014   #69
Katmint

Quick patch to fix invincibility not hurting enemies.

Virt: It works fine for me. I'm not going to worry about fixing compatibility issues with other addons anyway.

Last edited by Katmint; 05-01-2014 at 01:18 AM.
Old 05-01-2014   #70
Katmint

Another bugfix update.

Changelog:
-Rosy no longer uses the spinning flag during her attacks which fixes a ton of animation bugs
-Hammer attacks now deal double damage
-Fixed drilling into ropehangs getting you stuck
-Fixed some very rare Lua errors
-Cleaned up the heart sprite

Last edited by Katmint; 05-02-2014 at 09:31 PM.
Old 05-01-2014   #71
Agustin1216
あなたは私の日本のユーザ名が好きですか ?

I dunno why, but i was unable to enter the MB for 3 hours :|
Old 05-02-2014   #72
StarmakerJasper
Hey, that's my pudding!

Amy can still move during a peelout, and if she falls off an edge she'll move normally and still charge.
StarmakerJasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014   #73
Agustin1216
あなたは私の日本のユーザ名が好きですか ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper the Fox View Post

Amy can still move during a peelout, and if she falls off an edge she'll move normally and still charge.
Good buggin' times! I also did that, but my computer has a STRANGEROUS problems with the GIF's, and I cannot GIF something without getting it corrupt or cutted in mid-GIF.

Last edited by Agustin1216; 05-02-2014 at 01:08 AM.
Agustin1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014   #74
Katmint

Ugh, I swear this thing is just an endless fountain of bugs. I already had to fix that same peelout bug like 3 times too.

Whatever, I fixed it again. Redownload it.
Old 05-02-2014   #75
r543

Quote:
Ugh, I swear this thing is just an endless fountain of bugs. I already had to fix that same peelout bug like 3 times too.

Whatever, I fixed it again. Redownload it.
It looks like it won't stop :(

Here is a bug with the sliding(if you slide too slow and then get pushed out, you stay in the sliding frames).
The second bug here is that I can't stop the speed of the peelout.(it's the same bug like the "can't jump out of the peelout".(I was holding back but the speed didn't slow down.)

Can you please make the sliding a bit faster ?
r543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014   #76
Katmint

Those aren't bugs. The first is an unintentional but necessary part of a failsafe that prevents you from getting trapped forever against a wall while sliding. The second is completely intentional, it even says you cannot slow down during peelout in her character select description.
Old 05-02-2014   #77
Katmint

If it's not the peelout, it's the drill. Bugfixed again.

Changelog:
-Fixed shockwave and leap not dealing double damage
-Fixed death animation not happening if you drilled into a deathpit
-Fixed being teleported while drilling getting you stuck forever
-Fixed detons causing a lua error
Old 05-02-2014   #78
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Quote:
-Fixed shockwave and leap not dealing double damage
This is a thing? :o

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014   #79
Katmint

Last edited by Katmint; 05-05-2014 at 05:15 PM.
Old 05-04-2014   #80
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

The double damage to bosses is really overpowered, lmao. It fixes her matchup against Eggscalibur, but breaks the rest of the boss fights in the process.

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff

Last edited by CobaltBW; 05-04-2014 at 07:21 AM.
CobaltBW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014   #81
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

2.0 Brak Eggman is damaged in a really non-standard way, so I'm not really that surprised about that personally.
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote