SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Characters

Amy (rosy.wad) Details »»
Amy (rosy.wad)
Developer Last Online: Mar 2017

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (10 votes - 4.70 average)
Released: 04-25-2014 Last Update: 08-07-2014 Installs: 12
Characters Scripts

Based off sprites originally made by Chrispy, this version of Rosy has lua abilities loosely based on her gameplay in some of the official games.

The download now also contains a topdown version.

Spoiler: ability list
spin (standing or walking): hammer attack
spin (running): hammer leap
spin or jump in air: hammer air attack
custom1+jump: hammer jump
custom1+spin (on ground): slide
custom1+spin (in air): hammer drop

Download Now

File Type: zip rosy.zip (460.4 KB, 2088 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20000.gif
Views:	3109
Size:	7.01 MB
ID:	4622   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20002.gif
Views:	2240
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	4624   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20001.gif
Views:	2240
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	4665  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 01-26-2017   #122
Chaotic Chao
horns Horns HORNS

As long as it's fixed in 2.2, then.
Chaotic Chao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017   #123
Katmint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Chao View Post
B) Apparently if Amy slides under a low ceiling that leads to a drop directly afterward, she will get crushed or something? Or whatever the hell is happening here:
could you provide the map where that's happening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Chao View Post
C) This is less of an issue and more of an annoyance, but Amy often has an *extremely* hard time getting up slopes because of her inability to spin dash and bad accel.
Slopes didn't exist when I made this character so she is not designed with them in mind. I have no idea what to do about her slope issues tbh but when the wad inevitably breaks in 2.2 I might try to improvise some way to make her work better with slopes.
Also the new version has the ability to jump while sliding which can help with slopes. It's far from an ideal solution though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumia1 View Post
1: Using any of the hammer moves except Hammer Attack on monitors in multiplayer does nothing and just sticks you inside of them.
fixed
Quote:
3: You can not charge peel-out in race before the countdown ends, and the one time I actually managed to do so, I found out that you can release it while the countdown is running and get a head start on everybody.
I dunno what's causing that really but the peelout is literally held together with like duct tape and stuff and if I ever add a peelout back in I'm rewriting it entirely because the old one breaks too easily.
Quote:
4: The heart objects from Hammer Attack conflict with Glaber's Skytop zone's heart-shaped plants and thus the Sugoi mappack as a whole. If the wad is added before Sugoi this results in her hearts becomming flowers. If added after Sugoi, the map has a bunch of invalid sprites everywhere.
I have a policy against fixing cross-compatibility issues. Not going down that rabbit hole. I never liked carrots anyway.
Quote:
5: Rosylite's running abilities are seemingly tied to her speed and not her static runspeed or her run animation, thus if you're in 2d mode or have something like statadjuster loaded, her hammer leap will never work unless you have speedshoes.
fixed

Last edited by Katmint; 03-29-2017 at 09:55 PM.
Katmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017   #124
Chaotic Chao
horns Horns HORNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmint View Post
could you provide the map where that's happening?
Ok, after doing some investigating it turns out this is...extremely weird, probably among the weirdest glitches I've ever seen. Apparently Amy only gets crushed if the linedef she slides under is sloped in an *incredibly specific* way, as seen in this screenshot...

The floor she slides from has a height of -1000, and the ceiling next to it has a height of -960 (meaning a 40 height difference). The linedef itself, the one directly behind the blue buzz, has an angle of 228 degrees. Apparently, if I make the angle of said linedef straighter (so that it has an angle of 192 degrees or smaller), Amy will not be crushed.

But that's not the end of it...if I remake this exact drop from scratch in a new map INCLUDING the difference in floor/ceiling heights, specifics of the linedef, where the player would be in 2D mode in relation to it, and putting it underwater, Amy STILL won't be crushed:

Long story short, this ONLY seems to want to happen out of literally nowhere in one map for one linedef at one angle, and I easily fixed it by making the linedef slightly more straight. Easy as it is to fix, I'd love to know why the hell it was happening...
If you still insist on seeing the map though, I'll go ahead and give it to you.
Chaotic Chao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017   #125
Katmint

Nah I don't need to see it, that's so specific that I would drown in the specific ocean trying to figure out why that happens.
Old 01-29-2017   #126
Katmint

So I wasn't going to update this again until 2.2 but Sapheros contributed a bit of code to fix the monitor issues in multiplayer so I can continue to be lazy and not do it myself. I went ahead and did a final update (unless something else is broken lol). This update also makes some abilties triggered by the run animations instead of speed to fix problems with scaling and 2d mode and stuff.

Also I decided to just make the lite version an actual update instead of an alternate version because the old version is essentially deprecated at this point. If anyone really prefers the old version still though I've attached it to this post.

TopDown version is now in the main download and contains a few fixes too.
Attached Files
File Type: zip rosyold.zip (231.1 KB, 129 views)

Last edited by Katmint; 01-29-2017 at 06:11 AM.
Old 01-29-2017   #127
Jake10102006

HOLY CRAP IS IT HARD FIGHTING THE FROZEN FACTORY BOSS WITH TDROSY!! I'm not sure how to really beat him when he's constantly blowing wind at my face! Plus Rosy likes to get stuck in corners during that boss fight.

Also, it took me awhile to realize that you can simply jump to reflect the balls that those green canons throw at you in Mainframe Metropolis. I was constantly thinking I needed to hammer EVERY. SINGLE. BALL that was thrown at me before I accidentally realized I didn't need to. i'm so glad you allowed her to reflect those simply by jumping alone.
Old 02-01-2017   #128
Puppyfaic
*panting sounds*

Rosy sometimes dies when she grabs hold of the long orb tether through the double waterfalls in Top Down's Checker Mountain Zone. I'm not sure what causes it, as it doesn't happen every time.
Puppyfaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017   #129
Sapheros
That guy that ports

Its Checker Mountain's problem, any character with no spindash ability can't pass through that.
Old 02-01-2017   #130
h0is
Pepperoni Secret

Stormy Streets is also impossible with Rosy, she can't spindash to raise the platforms.
Old 02-01-2017   #131
Smith The Icefox
IM BACK BRUH

yeah, now we have true mods
Smith The Icefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017   #132
Katmint

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0is View Post
Stormy Streets is also impossible with Rosy, she can't spindash to raise the platforms.
known on release, but not much i can do about it since she can't spin

tho you can get around it using the tailsbot/another player
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	srb2td0000.gif
Views:	189
Size:	5.12 MB
ID:	9601  
Old 03-29-2017   #133
Bright Tailz
A.K.A CommandoEclipse

Why did Rosylite.wad get removed from the zip file?

Edit: I guess I didn't read everything :/

Last edited by Bright Tailz; 03-29-2017 at 10:59 PM.
Bright Tailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017   #134
Katmint

Quote:
Originally Posted by bright tailz View Post
why did rosylite.wad get removed from the zip file?
Quote:
Originally Posted by katmint View Post
also i decided to just make the lite version an actual update instead of an alternate version because the old version is essentially deprecated at this point. If anyone really prefers the old version still though i've attached it to this post.
​​​​​​​​​​
Old 06-08-2017   #135
Simon_T
Pyro the Hedgehog

I've tried to open this with any existing WAD editor and is un-editable
Why?
Old 06-16-2017   #136
Lach
owo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_T View Post
I've tried to open this with any existing WAD editor and is un-editable
Why?
The wad is wadzipped, which basically means it's compressed so the file size is a little smaller. To un-wadzip it, download wadzip and follow the instructions to decompress the file.

Bear in mind, however, that many authors also choose to wadzip their files so that the content is harder to steal or tamper with. Please be mindful when using content from a wadzipped file, and if you do need to use it, always give credit (though really the same goes for using content from any file).
Lach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #137
SamVision

Some people such as myself have no intention of publishing modified versions of others' content. Some just want to edit the content to suit their own preferences. For example I've messed around with Speedwagon's Shadow a lot, but I will never release it because that's disrespectful.
SamVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #138
Lach
owo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamVision View Post
Some people such as myself have no intention of publishing modified versions of others' content. Some just want to edit the content to suit their own preferences. For example I've messed around with Speedwagon's Shadow a lot, but I will never release it because that's disrespectful.
Of course. I'm incredibly guilty of the same thing myself, specifically with TailsCD and several spindash scripts. That's why I said to be mindful when using content made by other people. You have to remember that you didn't make the work, and in most cases you should also respect the original intent of the work (e.g. don't use Katmint's Rosy sprites in a gory beat-em-up game).

In my opinion though, it really has nothing to do with whether or not you republish someone else's content at all—it has to do with the identity of the work. If you're curious, I wrote my philosophy on this below—but you certainly don't need to read it if you get the point by now.

Spoiler:
If you create a sandwich and show the recipe to the world, everyone enjoys the work you put into it. But then if Gordon Ramsay takes your sandwich and swaps out one small ingredient and says, "I like that better," then whose sandwich is it now? It can't be your sandwich anymore because it no longer follows your creative ideals for the recipe, but it's not Gordon's sandwich either because he didn't conceive of or design the original idea. That's not to say that Gordon shouldn't swap out that ingredient, because he's totally entitled to enjoy your recipe however he likes, and perhaps you even like that he was able to take something you made and make it better. But there are some people who don't like that, even if it's totally private and nobody else ever sees it. Whether it's because they prefer that their work is enjoyed as intended, or because they don't want people to steal their assets, or because they aren't proud of their work, or because they don't like being outclassed by people who can do it better—there are a multitude of reasons—whatever the case is, they didn't want you to use their work. Usually it's okay if it's private, but in many cases I ask anyway, and occasionally I do find that some people really don't like others using their work, even privately (MotorRoach is pretty picky, for instance), and I think it's best to respect that.
Lach is offline   Reply With Quote