[Open Assets] Green Valley Zone

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfboy703

This is my first map, so it may or may not be good.
Here it is.
Match and Tag modes only.

Attachments

• srb20027.png
    srb20027.png
    136.2 KB · Views: 1,063
  • srb20028.png
    srb20028.png
    131.9 KB · Views: 808
  • GVZ.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 582
Last edited:
Meadow Match is a very very old level so I don't think it should be used as a Measure for a level quality.

Meadow Match is the most popular level though.

Does that really matter? What Romio is trying to say is, MMZ isn't a good base for Match level design. It's literally a thok-fest for Sonic players, since it's so flat and barely has anything else to it, besides the fact that it's literally a box with stuff in it.

If anything, Jade Valley is a better example for Match level design. It has some form of platforming and areas with various structures and such where you can get away from your enemies and get to places that may reward you with monitors and goodies to help you gain the upper hand.

Very well, here's some feedback:

• The level could use some detailing, the visuals aren't the most pleasing and it doesn't feel like an actual location.
  • There are some HOMs below the floating platform (which I don't see the reason of) and near the North of the level.
  • The Infinity Ring is very easy to Reach, and the Weapon placement could use some balancing, because most of them are placed near each other.
  • There's No advantage of using characters other than Sonic basically.
  • There's not enough space to flee in Tag Mode, and not enough cover, At least the original meadow had plenty of open space to just Spam Sonic's Thok.

Last edited:
It's not an opinion, these are flaws that I think you should acknowledge and fix.

Meadow Match is a very, very dated level, that's been reborn way too many times. The only reason it gets a lot of play value is because of the whole fad of dueling; it's small but open size makes it easy for two players to find each other rather quickly. But, apart from that, that's about it. That's literally the only thing it has going for it right now.

Other than that, Meadow Match is too open and empty, making it way too easy for Sonic to control the map, giving almost nowhere for Tails and Knuckles to find a place to escape too using their abilities. It's also very lacking in features, and barely represents how far SRB2 has come as a whole. It's so boring to look at. I sometimes wish SRB2 would grow up and finally drop this heavily beaten horse of a level.

If you're looking for inspiration for level making, you could always ask several other mappers for their opinions and visuals. You can see what works in a level, and form your own opinion on how you feel a level should be designed and thus have your own style. Most importantly, be patient. You should make it exactly how you want it to look, no matter how long it takes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back