• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

New Character WAD: Virt the Fox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virt

Trollerskates
I'm working on a new wad of my fancharacter, Virt the Fox. I'm using a certaint method of spriting to make this wad. Here are pictures of what I have so far of the standing.
virta1.png
virta2.png
virta3a7.png
virtlife.png

I'm trying to figure out what ability Virt will have. Any ideas? He can transform any part of his body into something mechanical, so that could have something to do with it.
Also I'm wondering if he should spin when he jumps or not.
ImageShack isn't working for me right now, so I can't post pictures currently.
Don't worry, it looks fine in the pallete. It gets toned down color-wise, but mostly it's the same sprite. I'll keep you posted with new info on the wad's progress. It'll be done a long time from now. You do NOT want to know how long this took me. Feedback starts.... NOW!

Last edited:
Wow Virt, that actually looks very well done! I actually hope to see more of this character.

The pupils are far too close together. Space them out.
Finally, I get something constructive!
Anyway, I fixed the eyes. Check the first post.

If that's Virt...who's that in your avatar? Just wondering.
It's Virt in my avatar. The Avatar is the Next-Gen Style, while the sprite is the SRB2 Style.
I can go along with the gag!

Last edited:
Wow! I'm impresed. Nice shading and everything. For the ability? How about float or slow fall?

The tail looks too thin from the side, and could use some rounding off.
His feet don't seen long enough from the side, either.

This look amazing, the only flaw I see is that it's not clear where his gogles connect to on his head, they are just kinda sitting there in the 2D sprite.

I-I'm amazed. I seriously wasn't expecting such great quality from a (no offence) n00b like personality. I have seen otherwise. The style doesn't match perfectly since it's anti-aliased a lot, meaning that it smoothes more than the sprites. But it makes up with details that have been missed out in the shrinking of the official sprites.
Anyway, on to criticism.
The side sprite to me looks like he's been going to the pub and having 3L of beer 'a night and not taking any exercise. Make him a bit skinnier, maybe a pixel or two from his arms.
For his ability, a glide would be good. If his power is what I think it is, his arms could turn into blade like wings. If you've watched the Pokemon anime, then Grovyle's Leaf Blade is what I'm thinking of. I'll see if I can find a pic.

Edit: Here's one.
Click on the pic for all the pics in the anime, but I'm focusing on Grovyle's.

Last edited:
Nice sprites. The style looks really nice. The forward-facing sprite looks a little lopsided, though. The ears, mostly.

NEW UPDATE:
Virt's ability will be called "Quick Stop" and will allow him to stop moving mid-jump. Let's say you have to land on a small platform. You jump... TOO FAR! With Virt, you can stop in mid-air.

That sounds like an edited thox. I have a wad like that I use for an Md2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back