• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Temporal Line v.1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Internet Explorer

IT'S NO USE
Hello everyone.
Before-all, NO, there are no downloads for my wad yet.
I wish I present my SRB2 game. It will contain 11 zones, different music than usual SRB2, and lots of new graphics !
But before that, a question:

==> Why the game is called "Temporal Line" ?

You can find the answer later in my presentation ! The answer is at the bottom of the presentation if you will not find.
For not to reveal all, I show that the first zone. And is called Green Lake . Looking at my screens, if you find a better name (I don't like a lot name of this zone...), and I find it better, I could use it.
For this game, I received the authorization of very nice people :

- Sonic X8000 (With his wad "GraphicX8000" you will see that the titles, images, sprites, gfx will be much improved!)
- Morph (He gave me permission to use "Mobile Twisted", a boss create by itself, very original. But there is a little bug ...)
- Chaos Zero 64 (Authorization for the choice of Metal Sonic as a character in the game, a character he created itslef . But there is also a bug...)

Now, the presentation of my game !

srb20000.png

The title screen : a matrix style background , and a music with the home screen of the game Sonic CD.
srb20001l.png

Time Attack : Different music, and matrix style.

Green Lake Zone, Act 1 :
srb20004t.png
srb20005y.png

srb20007.png

srb20008.png

srb20011.png

Green Lake Zone, Act 2 :

srb20012.png

srb20014.png

srb20015.png

srb20016.png

The Act 2 is not yet complete.
The act 3 has a color dark blue / gray color at night, and a starry sky.

I will not tell you the other zones yet. What do you think?
It is beautiful ?
Is successful ?
I await your comments positive or negative.

At you.

PS: The game is so named because the levels have a different skin depending on the time of day.
Often, the act 1 will be a morning (white palette), the Act 2 in the afternoon (sunset, orange palette), the act 3 the night (dark blue / gray.)

That's cool, Explorer! One of the coolest things, though, is that the different zones are different times of day. It makes you feel less like the whole adventure takes one day. Maybe there could be a cutscene at the end of each zone showing Sonic sleeping.
Because, you know, it's night time.

EDIT: In the eighth and ninth pictures, the grass trim is too brown. You might want to change that.

I..actually...LOVE the mod so far. I mean, I really love the matrix and a mod based on that should be awesome! A little suggestion, use Chrispy's metson.wad instead of chaos zero's metal sonic wad. I think metson.wad would fit in more with the mod. Also, if it's ok, I could help out with some sprites, textures, and such.. if you want. :P

To respond to each:

Virt the Fox : Thank you for your comments.
About kinematics :
At the beginning of Green Lake (and the beginning of each zone), I put a cutscene like this:
--------------- Green Lake Zone --------------

Difficulty: Easy

Environment: Jungle / Meadow

Description: Blabla bla bla bla junglebla bla blawaterfall bla bla bla water rock bla bla bla ...

Everything on a background image of the zone. (For now, the bottom is GLZ1, with morning colors.
For cinematics between Green Lake and the next area (I'll say : it is called "Ruins Area"), I would accept perhaps your idea of S / T / K sleeping. But I need more details, you see, I do not have the same idea as the one you want.

Otherwise, for the brown grass, in effect, the fall colors are not very suitable for a green lawn like this. I'll take care.

kyllian1212 : To answer you, No, there will be no story. In launching the game, there is no intro before the title screen.
After all, everybody knows the story: Eggman wants to conquer the world and Sonic must stop him ...

XSpeedGodX: Thank you.
It is true that Metal Sonic Chrispy has something a little more .... He contain best sprites and double jump, which changes a bit of sonic's thok. However, I do not want to disappoint Chaos Zero 64. I will use the metson.wad Chrispy if I have his permission BUT. I asked for help to Chaos, so I will not cancel it ! He do a very good job on his characters. I'll explain the situation of Metal Sonic, and I ask him perhaps his Espio or Vector, for take part as he wished.

You want help me for sprites?
Well, at this point, the characters, or I put them all, or none. The characters in my wad save correctly , but the sprites, big problem ! Besides, if we take a character added, the 1-up will disappear for this character. I do not know whether adding characters is a good idea (by letting with their glitches) ...

Isn't the sun in the morning screenshots too shiny? It looks more like a drought than morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back