HighJump.soc [Second released SOC.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMecha

Hello, since my MegaCrawla.soc has been canned and forgotten about I decided to make a new one, this one makes you jump pretty high. See, I used A_BubbleRise for the starting spin sprite, then I made the second spin sprite last forever so when you hit the first spin sprite you wouldn't rise again. Here is the link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ut7t11 :
Have fun with it! Critisism is always accepted.
By the way, you lose your ability to spindash... but if you move diagonally and spin you should make it. Who needs to spindash when you have got high jumping in your hands?
Credit for Draykon teaching me. ^.^
This is not to be used in Character WADs or any other distribution without asking me first.

Simple, but funny.

The most amusing thing about this soc is that it gives sonic a special move. When you are running and try to spindash you will do so, but make a nice little jump like, too. Now don't stop there. Keep pressing the spindashbutton everytime you touch the ground and you can bounce threw the levels with highspeed.

I think I'll do this once again right now... :mrgreen:

EDIT: I just realized, that this only works if your timing is right. If you hit the spindashbutton too late you will just spindash on the ground without being able to bounce again until you stand still.

I think this HighJump.soc is okay and all, but you didn't have to have the S_PLAY_ATK2 state have a infinite duration

You can simply have it like this (In order):
S_PLAY_ATK1 with A_BubbleRise, which you currently have.
S_PLAY_ATK2
S_PLAY_ATK3
S_PLAY_ATK4 with a nextstate of a freestate slot
FREESTATE01 (I don't know the name of the state) which can have A_SetTics with a Var1 of 2 and with a nextstate of S_PLAY_ATK2

This is so you can have the A_BubbleRise, and you can still have an animation to your jump

Or you could completely avoid screwing with the rest of the mods by just setting the fourth roll state to loop back to the second. *shrugs*

Yeah, but that'd cut off the animation. What I'd do, is what Flame says, but instead of using a freeslot, use one of the unused slots, like the old cape thing.

Hey morph, I mage a roll jump soc a bit ago. Sms loved it. It also gave controll in air, and worked continuessly when you hold spin.

Alba Garcia Clerigues said:
I found a glitch in this script, because the characters can not spin without jump.
SuperMecha said:
Hello, since my MegaCrawla.soc has been canned and forgotten about I decided to make a new one, this one makes you jump pretty high. See, I used A_BubbleRise for the starting spin sprite, then I made the second spin sprite last forever so when you hit the first spin sprite you wouldn't rise again. Here is the link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ut7t11 :
Have fun with it! Critisism is always accepted.
By the way, you lose your ability to spindash... but if you move diagonally and spin you should make it. Who needs to spindash when you have got high jumping in your hands?
I think that should tell you. ^.-

Re: im a noob at this!!

Super_Sonix2.0.7 said:
how u8 make socs like making level 2d kinda of like? u no?
WHOA! Ah, jeez ma brain!
poor graMmer and bad speellinng!

X_X

Nice soc, mind.

X_X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back