Screenshots for level select

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster Iestyn

Fangtastic
I need to know how to make those screenshots for the Level Select like in the normal SRB2, or the Mystic Realm and Blue Heaven mods.

I've checked the Wiki, and there isn't a topic that tells you how to do this.

Anyway, how do you make one??

Open those wads and look for yourself. Specifically, pay attention to lumpnames and image sizes.

Wait, this isn't covered in the Wiki?

...wow, that's a pretty big information hole. And BlueZero4, this isn't some "zomg obvious" thing... and your suggestion was terrible. Opening a srb2.srb with XWE without the proper precautions in place will result in the changing, and therefor corruption of his srb2.srb, making it so that he would have to download the entire game again. It would be better to just tell him what the lump name has to be, or at the very least explain what he has to do in better detail to ensure that he doesn't fuck up his installation.

In any case, to prevent XWE from altering srb2.srb upon opening the file, change it to a read-only first. I'd suggest doing the same with all of the base wad files(the .plr, .wpn, and .srb files, and drill.dta), since they do not change.

Anyways, the lump name for the level select picture is MAPxxP(xx being replaced by the map number). Be sure that your image is 160 x 100 pixels, and fits the SRB2 pallette.

I meant how can you make it not have the stats at all? I do know how to take a screenshot, make it the right size and how it has to be named, it's just I can't get it not to show 'RINGS', 'SCORE', 'LIVES', etc...

Sorry, I should have explained that when I made this topic. I need to be able to use it to work on my Doomsday Pack mod.

And BlueZero64, that doesn't answer my question. It only makes me see examples of screenshots for levelselect - so that obviously doesn't help at all...

EDIT: Prime... First of all, opening srb2.srb in XWE does not modify it. Secondly, as long as you keep the self-extracting files that you download from srb2.org, there's no need to download it again anyway!

Monster Iestyn said:
BlueZero64
oh lol

Prime 2.0 said:
And BlueZero4, this isn't some "zomg obvious" thing... and your suggestion was terrible.
I fully realize it isn't some obvious thing. That's why I'm telling him to look at how it's done in other wads. It seems like it would be fairly easy to see how it would need to be done after looking at it in XWE. Quite simply, image dimensions, sprite offsets, and even marker lumps. I do think it's a crucial skill to be able to open other wads for information rather than asking everybody. It's a go-getter's world, you know.

Monster Iestyn, try out the console commands VIEWSIZE 11 and VIEWSIZE 12.

Prime 2.0 said:
...wow, that's a pretty big information hole. And BlueZero4, this isn't some "zomg obvious" thing... and your suggestion was terrible. Opening a srb2.srb with XWE without the proper precautions in place will result in the changing, and therefor corruption of his srb2.srb, making it so that he would have to download the entire game again.

All you have to do is turn off auto-cleanup and that's not a problem anymore. :)

'VIEWSIZE 12' in the console was what I needed to do all along!! Thanks BlueZero4!

Anyway, I will show some screens - I haven't done them for all of my levels for Doomsday Pack, as I haven't completed enough of some levels, want to remake some others, and for others I haven't even started them yet.

Here they are, for the levels for single player in the normal quest (I won't show any for other parts, as they would be spoilers!):

Blossom Gardens Act 1:
srb20049.png

Blossom Gardens Act 2:
srb20050.png

Blossom Gardens Act 3:
srb20051.png

Mech Mountain Act 1:
srb20053.png

Mech Mountain Act 2:
srb20054.png

Mech Mountain Act 3:
srb20055.png

Deadly Dunes Act 1:
srb20056.png

(Note that I have alreadly resized these for level select)

BlueZero4 said:
I do think it's a crucial skill to be able to open other wads for information rather than asking everybody. It's a go-getter's world, you know.

Monster Iestyn, try out the console commands VIEWSIZE 11 and VIEWSIZE 12.

Apparently you didn't bother reading my explanation for why your suggestion was bad. Here it is again.

Prime 2.0 said:
It would be better to just tell him what the lump name has to be, or at the very least explain what he has to do in better detail to ensure that he doesn't **** up his installation.

As you can see, I did not say that he shouldn't learn how to open wads to figure stuff out. Far from it, I said that you should have given a better explanation on how to go about doing that so he doesn't mess anything up.

Dark Warrior said:
All you have to do is turn off auto-cleanup and that's not a problem anymore. :)

There is an example of something you could have added to your comment.

You're too late. I've already been helped, and there's no need to help me now.

Besides, I only needed help with taking screens without the stats.

Monster Iestyn said:
You're too late. I've already been helped, and there's no need to help me now.

Besides, I only needed help with taking screens without the stats.

Have you bumped your head or what? YOU ALREADY HAD SCREENSHOTS WITOUT THE STATS, DUH!!! STOP THINKING YOU'RE EVERYTHING!!!

*SHEESH*

No, bump your head - I meant that my problem disscussed in this topic has been solved. You didn't have to get angry about it. Guess I worded it wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back