• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Salt's Smelly Warehouse of Silly Shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, does anyone remember that one thing from page 1? This thing?

Some kind of rock/diamond block (not done; isn't even close to how I want it to look):
GsUBzhy.png

No?

Well, I updated it forever ago, posted it once in #srb2fun while no one was active, and then forgot about it. So, better late than never!

bhTXk9T.png

<3<3<3

I like 2D maps a lot, and I'm happy to help. Can't wait to see the finished thing!

Very nice, reminds me of the background/foreground gimmick from Wario Land (Virtual Boy)

Well, that's certainly a creative way to use that enemy. Good job! (Wouldn't want to be the one to encounter that badnik...)

I still think you would be utterly foolish to change the sprites on that. It's both hilarious and easily explains itself to the player visually.

This is the best thing I've ever seen.
Is the badnik directly spawning like that, or do you have to do some stuff with the regular spring shells before? (Or maybe both?)

Is the badnik directly spawning like that, or do you have to do some stuff with the regular spring shells before? (Or maybe both?)

It is it's own object, with a duplicate of Spring Shell sprites flipped upside-down. After all, I intended for it to have its own sprites.

I intended to show this off after I got more progress, but...

hiTmQDJ.png

Even though I've only really shown off this one in IRC, there's more frames done. They're just going to be a surprise~

http://gfycat.com/MerryPoorEnglishsetter

Demonstration of the geysers in Geyser Gush Zone; while they might seem like just simple spring replacements at first, the challenge is in controlling your trajectory on them. Making sure your speed and angle on them is just right is key in precisely getting into areas like the hole shown in this gif. Simply riding them up will send you flying, which may or may not be helpful depending on the scenario!

Last edited:

Demonstration of the geysers in Geyser Gush Zone; while they might seem like just simple spring replacements at first, the challenge is in controlling your trajectory on them. Making sure your speed and angle on them is just right is key in precisely getting into areas like the hole shown in this gif. Simply riding them up will send you flying, which may or may not be helpful depending on the scenario!

Personally, I think that the geysers should push you upwards a bit more quicker, becuase you start to rise slowly and then rocket out of the geyser.

Interesting stuff! I watched a bit of your stream and it was lots of fun, so I'm looking forward to seeing the finished result. It makes me want to stream things!

rLD8EDx.png

as april 1st is the day to post fake stuff, here is an entirely fake level that is not real posted into a magazine in an edit that looks fake

just look at the graphics

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back