Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Molten Cavern felt bland and uninspired. The ending was pretty anticlimactic, the visuals aren't too good, and it was actually a very easy level. I don't know why, but this just didn't interest me -- and I usually enjoy levels with gimmicks like the ones used in here.
I liked Aquatic Relic Zone, somewhat. I liked the visuals, though it got repetitive. I had fun games in it. It was easy to navigate and not complex enough to get lost in.
I didn't like Clockwork Towers either, Fawfulfan. It looked really impressive, but it took me a while to figure out where I'm supposed to even go. There's several cheap camping areas in the level and I managed to get a Scatter Ring, Super Sonic, and over three hundred Rings -- easily.
Wacky Tesseract Zone had that interesting-looking room at the start and the platforming area after it, but that's all I really liked. The wave was just too flow-killing and awkward for me, and the horizontal platforms just really ruined the flow and was very annoying.

Really, Fawfulfan? I found Desert Dash to be pretty subpar. I got a Whirlwind Shield and suddenly I could trivially capture the flag (and proceeded to win the game for my team completely on my own thanks to this). The bases also had an extremely annoying choke point on the back exit that was practically impossible to get through.

While it took me a bit to get the hang of Clockwork Towers, I definitely liked it for more than the visuals. I do admit I only played one round of the multiplayer (which is why I didn't vote), but that level was the clear standout in gameplay for me, not just visuals.

Still in the early stages of construction, but seeing as I'm building this the same way I did Poly Forest it should be fairly easy enough.
Emeraldlke.png

The sub-screen shot is from my canceled fangame.

Oh, also this is going to be a Zone 1 stage.

That looks good to be honest. I actually would like to see a bit more screens. We really wouldn't know much until we see a screenshot of the overworld part of the level.
Offtopic: How is Srb2 the past doing?

xsrb0082.png

HMMM I WONDER WHAT THIS COULD BE FOR

(And yes, I am thinking very hard into this, but it may just be possible to do it and do it right!)

SRB2TP has just been updated for 2.0.5. It was rather quick to do. The christmas level are still waiting to be put in though.

In regards to Emerald Lake, more screens will arrive once more of the level is finished. As of now only about less than 1/6 is built.

Still in the early stages of construction, but seeing as I'm building this the same way I did Poly Forest it should be fairly easy enough.
Emeraldlke.png

The sub-screen shot is from my canceled fangame.

Oh, also this is going to be a Zone 1 stage.

That looks good to be honest. I actually would like to see a bit more screens. We really wouldn't know much until we see a screenshot of the overworld part of the level.

How does that look good? It looks awfully dark and plain to me. The background looks nice, but that alone won't be enough to make the level good. Start by brightening things up a little.

How does that look good? It looks awfully dark and plain to me. The background looks nice, but that alone won't be enough to make the level good. Start by brightening things up a little.

How dark is it on your monitor? On mine I can see all the way to the back. (Ingame water light level is at 128)

I can see all the way to the back, but it's still too dark, especially seeing as you would expect this to be a bright and sunny level from the background. I'd say set the light level to at least 160, or ideally more like 192.

Well the picture was taken underwater. The light level over water is currently set at max (255)

Changed the water's light level to 144. Any higher and it wouldn't look right unless using Opengl. At least in my eyes.

Last edited:
A little off-subject, but...has anyone checked out the Circuit level I submitted yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back